What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email settings

brunodjkj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I all is there a way I can transfer all the email settings from my iPhone to iPad?

I ask because on one of my accounts linked to my website I've forgotten settings and password, if there is a way can someone talk me through it in simple terms.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only way I can think of is rather drastic. I would require you to restore your iPad using the iPhone's backup. This would affect everything on the iPad, and is probably too messy for what you'll get in return. Often, you have to re-enter passwords after doing this anyway, so it could easily turn out to be a lot of trouble for nothing.

Most websites have password recovery options when you visit them. Failing that you should be able to contact the provider directly to verify who you are and get the password reset. This would be the better route if available.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
brunodjkj said:
I all is there a way I can transfer all the email settings from my iPhone to iPad?

I ask because on one of my accounts linked to my website I've forgotten settings and password, if there is a way can someone talk me through it in simple terms.

Can't you sign on to the account via their web portal and change your password? All other settings for inbound and outbound smtp should be visible under the account settings in the iPhone.

OP
brunodjkj

brunodjkj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies, managed to sort it following last reply.. Thank you

Most reactions

Latest posts