What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID Verification

ukyorky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

After the passing of my wife I am trying to get to grips with her iPad.

I have a question regarding her icloud account. I know the password she used to get into, and use the pad, but then I am asked to enter the password for her icloud account which I do not have.

I have her icloud address but do not have her password, which is making it hard to do things on the pad. I have followed the instructions for forgotten password. It tells me an email has been sent to the icloud account. I do not know how to get into the icloud email account to follow the instructions to reset the password.

Hope somebody can help, I’m not a computer expert but despite my age I can follow simple instructions.

Thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the iCloud account is set up on her iPad and you can still open the built in Mail app, open the app to see the email.
You can also use a friend’s or family member’s iDevice.
Here are the instructions:
If you forgot your Apple ID password

If that’s not possible, you’ll have to contact Apple for help.

OP
U

ukyorky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. That's my problem, I don't know where to look for the mail app.I can get into settings, tap on my wife's name then tap on icloud, that brings up another window "apps using icloud" but no mail app.in that window.

Like I mentioned in my last post, I have followed the instructions for a lost password, after completing that it tells me that an email has been sent into my wire's icloud email box telling me how to retrieve the password.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Take a look at your dock (at the bottom of the screen), or at your homescreens. Don’t open the Settings app. The Mail app is the one where you can find the emails, and it’s a blue icon with an envelope:
D1590029-14EC-441D-9BA2-E0FA8A0E5260.jpeg

If an email has been sent, you will find it there.

OP
U

ukyorky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like I will have to contact Apple. First no mail app on the home screen.So I googled it and found how to restore the mail app via the app store.
Then hit the mail app, hit icloud then just went round in circles. No password to get into the email account.
Thanks for all your help.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Too bad.
Do you have a friend or familiy member who owns an iPhone, iPad or iPod? It would be another option to reset the password of her iCloud ID.

OP
U

ukyorky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand. If I could not manage to reset the password using my PC how can another person using a iPhone, iPad or Pod be able to reset it?

OP
U

ukyorky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. Did ring Apple but with the pandemic they are running a reduced service until the pandemic eases.
A bit of good news, one of the granddaughters who used to help her grandma with downloads etc remembered her password.
I have another problem but will post a new thread to see if anybody can help.

Most reactions

Latest posts