What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email set up trouble

GordonD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a bellsouth email account thru ATT and cannot get the email to work. I imported my setting from Outhlook and that does not work. Help?

My incoming mail server in out look is pop.att.yahoo.com 995

Outgoing is smtp.att.yahoo.com 465 ssl

My outgoing server requires authentication and this is checked and use same setting as my incomming.

I get The connection to the server failed? help please :mad:

OP
G

GordonD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My internet works fine I think it is something with the email settings. does anyone have detailed instructions on how to set up ATT (bellsouth) email account?

gordon

Last edited:

DrShirley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Att pacbell abc email on ipads

When you "add new account" select "other" or it populated the server configuration for you and you cannot change it. Once you select "other" enter your smtp server such as smtp.att.yahoo.com or whatever your smtp server is. Add username and password and it should work. In my case it did not even ask for all the detail such as SSL and SPA and the specific ports to be used.

If you choose the wrong kind of account it will never accept the configurations and you just get error messages endlessly. Just delete the account and start over. Don't get lead astray by the Yahoo and ATT selections they offer

Most reactions