What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email sending problems

bly4461

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! How are you doing?
The reason for the can not send e-mail is that you did not input the
password for outgoing mail.. Your password is same as your e-mail account.
Just do it as follow;
1. Click the Setting button on Home Screen
2. Click on Mail, Contacts, Calendars
3. Click on specific account that you want to fix
4. On the near the bottom section you can see "Outgoing Mail Server" and click on
SMTP
5. You will see Primary Server- Click on first line. "smtp.live.com" (it will shown
different depend on mail account)
6. Then you will see the password section- Please, input your password and click
Done

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Either password missing, wrong port for SMTP, or some other fu'ed SMTP server issue.
Set up a Gmail account and write down the SMTP settings, then use these for all other email accounts for sending.

john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
I'm thinking about making a tutorial for email set up as well. I think it depends on your situation. I have two email accounts both using different outgoing servers. Gmail smtp.gmail.com with your user name, (email account with @gmail.com) and password. Also, you'll need to use port 587 for this connection. Now, if you duplicate these settings on another NONgmail account, your email will show up as coming from gmail. So you'll need another non authenticating SMTP host. That would be, for example, comcast, if you had an account with them. Your setup would be smtp.comcast.net, you'd leave everything else blank and use port 25.

I hope this helps. As I said, I may make a walk through of these settings soon.

sugi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just realize the set up is different from my iPhone. For iPad I need user ID and password for outgoing smtp sever. Hope to others who have similiar problem setting up your pop email, please input your user ID and password for smtp outgoing: :)

Antsplan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.Anthonybrawley.co.uk
Hi! How are you doing?
The reason for the can not send e-mail is that you did not input the
password for outgoing mail.. Your password is same as your e-mail account.
Just do it as follow;
1. Click the Setting button on Home Screen
2. Click on Mail, Contacts, Calendars
3. Click on specific account that you want to fix
4. On the near the bottom section you can see "Outgoing Mail Server" and click on
SMTP
5. You will see Primary Server- Click on first line. "smtp.live.com" (it will shown
different depend on mail account)
6. Then you will see the password section- Please, input your password and click
Done

Thank you, totally missed this setting, now sorted, although I did need a reboot

Bill McCreary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Outgoing mail problem solved

I searched many links in hopes of finding a fix for my outgoing email problem with my iPad, and finally found the one posted by "sugi", 6-3-10, on this forum, which said:

Just realize the set up is different from my iPhone. For iPad I need user ID and password for outgoing smtp sever. Hope to others who have similiar problem setting up your pop email, please input your user ID and password for smtp outgoing: :)

Then on 7-20-10, "Alling" said a restart was needed to make the above fix take, and there were those afterward that said the restart wasn't needed.

When I first set up my email account, when I got to the outgoing mail server, I put in the correct Host Server name, then noticed that below that, where there are fields for User Name and Password, and both were labeled "optional", so I didn't enter anything at all in them.

Once I read sugi's fix, I went back in, entered my user name and password for the outgoing mail server, and still had no luck trying to send an email. Figuring I had nothing to lose by trying it, I took Alling's advice, turned the iPad all the way off, turned it on again, and now everything is working as it's supposed to! Doing the restart is a really simple thing to try if the first suggestion doesn't seem to work.

I'm new to this forum, and this is my first post. I have a new 64GB iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, and an iPhone 3G that's two years old. I've never had problems emailing with the iPhone.

Aleoga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there I am new to forum so hope not doing something very stupid so apologies in advance. I am having outgoing email trouble and guess it relates to the password bit as above I just don't know what is correct username and password - is username my full email address and password for incoming mail?

Thanks

Bill McCreary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bill McCreary

I can't say for sure that everyone's user name is configured the way our ISP does it, but for me, my user name is the first part of my email address to the left of, but not including the "@" symbol.

Most reactions

Latest posts