What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email problems

Kwaka307

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My emails are coming in ok but when I send them they will not go just sit in the outbox/unsent items,it does try to send

Vegplotman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I have the same problem, I receive emails but like yours when I send emails they also just sit in my outbox. Let's hope there is help out there!

Nerak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having that problem too. What port should it be set on and how do you change the port? I did see a port under advanced setting but have no idea what it should be set on.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
there are two places that hold your password, one for sending and one for receiving. If you change your password you would have to update both with your new password.

In the email settings select the email account and then go to advanced. for the SMTP settings update your password to what ever the current password is and it should start sending email again.

another way would be deleting the email account and then setting it up again from scratch.

Nerak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just fixed my problem before I saw the last post. I had tried to reset but it did not work, so what I did was I went in and
deleted the account that was giving me the problem sending email. I shut down the IPad, restarted it and opened a new account just as I had done when it was brand new! I used the same user name and same password, saved it all and now it is working
fine. After a lot of frustration all day long, this seemed like one of those "why didn't I think of that sooner" moments!

Most reactions

Latest posts