What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email Outlook Folder sync to Ipad2

Erikdewit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a question relating to syncing folders (and its email content) to the iPad.

I have been able to set up my email accounts etc (for work and own company i need several) but, saved messages in various outlook desktop folders, are not viable in the MAIL on iPad.

Has anyone experienced anything like this, and is there a way to sync all the emails i have saved in the folders on my pc, so i can transfer them to ipad, and have them with me at all times?

Thank you very much,

Erik

Wpeace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been able to set up my email accounts etc (for work and own company i need several) but, saved messages in various outlook desktop folders, are not viable in the MAIL on iPad.

Has anyone experienced anything like this, and is there a way to sync all the emails i have saved in the folders on my pc, so i can transfer them to ipad, and have them with me at all times?

Thank you very much,

Erik
If I understand what you've done is sync the mail from your provider to the iPad or is your iPad pulling directly from your Inbox?

In either case, you're dealing with two mail clients and how they store their information. By default any synchronization at the client level is only done on the Inbox itself and not other folders maintained by the client.

What you have not mentioned is where you are receiving your mail from. Is it an Exchange Server? If so, then you should be syncing your iPad from the Exhange Server (or your provider for that matter) rather than Outlook. That is the one place you will be able to keep your mail in sync between the two mail programs.

Even in that case the folders you will have access are only those existing in your Inbox.

Most reactions

Latest posts