What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating folders in email

vesssella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, sorry for the stupid question, but I would like to ask you how can I make folders in email app in ipad2?
and if it's not possible, is there any program like outlook for ipad?
:(
i simply want to have folders in which can filter messages, the same as it is in all mails...
thanks in advance

Reaction score
vesssella said:
Hi, sorry for the stupid question, but I would like to ask you how can I make folders in email app in ipad2?
and if it's not possible, is there any program like outlook for ipad?
:(
i simply want to have folders in which can filter messages, the same as it is in all mails...
thanks in advance

Mail does not let you create folders from within the app and even with it's limitations is Mail still the most sophisticated email app for the iPad.

Anyway, there is a workaround and that involves you using a browser to create the folders in the webmail. If your email account is setup as either IMAP, or Exchange, than Mail will create an exact copy of the mail server layout, including any folders you have created.

It is important, that you setup your email account as IMAP, or Exchange, as POP does not sync the folders.

Reaction score
vesssella said:
thanks so much
so there is no program like outlook for ipad?

If you are looking for the full webmail features, than Better Webmail may be of interest to you. It is similar to a browser, as in, you use webmail, but the app supports fullscreen and you can easily swap between different accounts.

However Mail is the most advanced, and yet limited, email app.

OP
V

vesssella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
too limited if you ask me. basically you can do there is reading and replaying to emails
is it possible to attach files by the way? i mean in basic mail app?
thanks again

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
too limited if you ask me. basically you can do there is reading and replaying to emails
is it possible to attach files by the way? i mean in basic mail app?
thanks again

You can't attach files from the basic Mail app because the iPad wasn't really designed that way; it's doesn't have a central file system like a PC. But, from within most apps, you can email a file that the app is processing and, from within third-party apps, such as GoodReader, you can email any number and type of attachment - but they're held locally by GoodReader, so it's not accessing, say, the files held by another app.

The iPad was deliberately designed this way - it's not trying to be a PC and it isn't. PCs are file-centric devices with a global filing system. The iPad is different; it's an app-centric device where files are held locally.

If you want your iPad to behave like a PC then you're inevitably going to be disappointed. It's a new generation of computing platform and it requires a new way of thinking.

Tim

OP
V

vesssella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:rolleyes:
Thank you Tim. I'm really new in apple world so maybe I'll have lot of stupid questions :)
I'll try to manage the folders through wabmail now, so they to appear on mail client on ipad
and as far as sending files - I have to install other program or go the way you said
thanks a lot

Reaction score
vesssella said:
:rolleyes:
Thank you Tim. I'm really new in apple world so maybe I'll have lot of stupid questions :)
I'll try to manage the folders through wabmail now, so they to appear on mail client on ipad
and as far as sending files - I have to install other program or go the way you said
thanks a lot

Most apps will let you send the files directly from within the app. So let's say you use Pages and want to send the document, than you would select Email document, of for emailing photos, you would open Photo, choose the picture you want to send, select the right pointing arrow and Email Photo.

So rather opening Mail and than browsing for the desired files you want to send, you just open the app which has the file stored and send it from there.

millburn83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for the same answer but I think we are out of luck! Unfortunately

Most reactions

Latest posts