What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

email mailboxes

JLStrange

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While waiting for my 3G I've been researching a variety of things one of which is the number of mailboxes in Mail. My first gen iPhone only has 3 boxes; Inbox, Sent & Trash and no way to create any. Outlook on my PC that I sync with has a dozen different folders, some that I created uniquely. When I looked at the iPad at the Apple store it had several customer defined mailboxes that the salesman said show up on the iPad during the sync process.

As I'm unable to verify this in the documentation I've read or duplicate it with my iPhone I have to wonder if this is a first gen iPhone issue or a PC vs. Mac issue or other. Any insight on this? :confused:

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's a PC thing, My iphone 3G and ipad are synced with my mac and my mail app ( the mac program for email is called "mail" ) custom folders show up on all my email addresses on both devices.

Last edited:

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have custom folder in Mail but I when I created them I set them up "on my mac", I didnt select the Mobile Me option. I do not see my custom folder on my Ipad.

OP
J

JLStrange

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found this here: iPad Mail takes baby steps towards desktop Mail - Yahoo! News

"iPad Mail takes baby steps towards desktop Mail
...... (deleted to save space)....

Here’s a quick list of some of the popular desktop mail-client features you won’t find on the iPad:

• ........... (deleted to save space)...........
  • On-device mailbox editing: You can’t create folders, or modify existing folders, on the iPad; you’re stuck with whatever you’ve previously set up in your desktop e-mail client or Webmail interface. "
This at least partially answers my question, now I have to figure out how to do the desktop e-mail client as it relates to a PC and the iPad. (as soon as I get my 3G)

Most reactions