What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email attachments

Forsaken541

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When working with an email with a large file attached I am having an issue. I tap on the attachment to have it download to my iPad but if I was to change over to another email to read while it downloads or I switch to another App while waiting the email attachment is missing when I come back. The paper clip icon is still on the email like there is an attachment still there but after scrolling down it is missing completely.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Same here.

Opened an email with a few pictures attached, but then switched to another app while loading the images and now they don't show up anymore.

I have already respringed and rebooted, but to no avail.

Well, a hard reboot solved the problem temporarily. I could open the attachments once, but when going back to that email a second time it simply states: 'This message cannot be displayed because of the way it is formatted. Ask the sender to send it again using a different format or email program. message/rfc822'

Last edited:

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Same here.

Opened an email with a few pictures attached, but then switched to another app while loading the images and now they don't show up anymore.

I have already respringed and rebooted, but to no avail.

Well, a hard reboot solved the problem temporarily. I could open the attachments once, but when going back to that email a second time it simply states: 'This message cannot be displayed because of the way it is formatted. Ask the sender to send it again using a different format or email program. message/rfc822'

The only time I've encountered that message is if I have sent the email to trash. In that caer I move it back to the inbox. I use both Google mail and our provider email. AIR I think this mostly happens with Gmail. If I were you, when opening an email with attachments if you wanted to view more than once I would just do an "open with" and let it load to whatever app is possible, photo, etc. You can always delete the photos, docs, etc. later.

Diane

famerbeen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In addition to what Max said, you cannot simply add an attachment to an e-mail in QuickBooks 2006 because the e-mails run off a very simple platform that does not support attachments. But, if you were to upgrade to QuickBooks 2008, you could integrate your QuickBooks e-mails with Outlook and then attachments would work like any other Outlook e-mail.

Reaction score
How do I attach pictures to an email?
I am lucky I even got this far.

You can copy/paste pictures into emails. Just tap&hold onto a picture, until the menu shows up, touch copy, then switch to your email, tap&hold again, then paste. This procedure can be repeated as many times as needed.

Mail may show thumbnails instead of the actual pictures, but the images are sent correctly.

Most reactions

Latest posts