What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email attachment not loading on ios 7

Agent1191

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since updating to IOS 7 on my Ipad 2 some .jpg attachments in my email just sit there and says "loading" and will not load. It does not happen to every one. Any ideas? Some load, and some do not

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do the problem emails have anything in common?

If you can contact the source of the problem emails, ask them how big the files are. Maybe it is related to that. Some email providers place upper limits on attachment sizes. This can be either on the sender's or receiver's service; though the better services will tell you that the attachment was too big with a notice of some sort.

OP
A

Agent1191

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. It appears to be random, and the file size is very small, a 33.5kb picture for example. My sister is running into the same problem after updating to ios 7, and googling seems to show many others are having the same problem.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Who is your provider?

I know Yahoo was having server problems with their email a few days back.

You may want to delete your account from the iPad and then re-add it. This has been known to fix problem email in the past. Though this sounds like an unlikely solution for your problem, it should not hurt to try.

OP
A

Agent1191

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Again, thanks. I did just that, deleted my account , but still the same. It must be an IOS 7 problem, because it shows up a lot on Google and Ipad forums.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I suppose it could be.

I know there have been problems with Gmail, mostly because Google doesn't use a standard IMAP server, and partly because Apple tried to accommodate that, but made it worse. Mostly this was on OS X Mavericks, but I suppose some of it could be iOS.

Personally, I'm not having any trouble with any of my email accounts, but I don't use Gmail heavily, and even my iCloud account isn't awash with stuff I bother to read.

OP
A

Agent1191

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I noticed that you are mentioning Gmail, but I don't use Gmail. I use Comcast. I am not having any problem with the attachments on my PC, just with IOS 7

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry. Jumped to the wrong conclusion. I asked who your provider was, and thought because you kept mentioning reading stuff on Google about the problem that it was directly related, rather than just Google searches.

I don't know anything about Comcast's email service.

Are the attachment problems you are seeing when you do searches related to their service, or more general?

OP
A

Agent1191

iPF Novice
Reaction score
FWIW, when I receive an email, if I forward it to myself, then open the forwarded email, it will open and load the attachment. It's a work around for now.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like some kind of incompatibility between Comcast and Mail. No idea what would cause that. You might want to leave some feedback for Apple. You probably will not be the first to report it, but each additional person gives Apple reason to give the problem a higher priority.

Apple - iPad - Feedback

OP
A

Agent1191

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have another question. At one time, if someone replied to my post, I would get an email notification, but for some reason I don't receive them any more. Where is that setting. I.E. to read your replies I have to open the thread under "My Posts".

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
I have another question. At one time, if someone replied to my post, I would get an email notification, but for some reason I don't receive them any more. Where is that setting. I.E. to read your replies I have to open the thread under "My Posts".

Do you use a Forum- App fpr accessing the Forum or a Browser?
I use the iPF App, and as soon as I reply to a thread it is "subscribed" automatically...

OP
A

Agent1191

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use a browser, IE 11.. I found where to set it. Maybe if the other person does not set his to notify, I won't see it. Mine was set to on, but I still did not get any email from your reply.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts