What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

email and photo problems

MTFire33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have searched the forum and have not found a solution to either of my problems.

1. I can not get the mail to work. I use Bresnan.net and have entered the ingoing, outgoing, domain, password etc. but no luck. I use Outlook on my main computer.

2. I can not delete any of the photos that loaded when the the Ipad synced with I tunes on the computer. I have the little red 'delete' key on the Ipad which doesnt work and also can not find how to delete them from Itunes on the computer with the Ipad attached. Also the Ipad inst recognized by the computer as a 'seperate' drive so no lucj there either.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

John

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you synched photos onto the iPad, you can't delete them from the iPad. The only photos you can delete from the iPad are those you saved onto the iPad using the iPad itself (e.g. saved from an email, or an iPad screenshot you took, etc).

To delete photos you synched onto the iPad, you need to resync your photos back to the iPad, minus the pics you want.

OP
MTFire33

MTFire33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used POP settings but it keeps telling 'failed to connect to 'server".

OP
MTFire33

MTFire33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So if I am understanding you about the photos, I have to move them from the my pictures folder and only the pics that I keep in that folder on the computer will show up after I sync?

Thanks so much, I wish it would have recognized the ipad as a seperate drive and then the editing could have been done in less steps.

Thanks

monkeyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used POP settings but it keeps telling 'failed to connect to 'server".
are you using 3G or wifi, and if wifi, at home usung the same connection as your pc? (ie both from the same router, talking to bresnan as your isp...)

OP
MTFire33

MTFire33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using Wfie, there is no Att 3G in Montana.

I tried the Wifi and home and work, different servers and no luck with either, both came back as failed to connect to server. I must have entered something wrong on the Ipad account but I dont know what.

Thanks

monkeyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using Wifi at home, if you are using the exact same router as your PC that works correctly, it is hard to explain other than 1) set up router wrong (blocking ports), 2) set up iPad wrong, bad configuration, not POP3, etc.

Using Wifi at work opens up additional possible obstacles: 1) work blocks server, 2) work blocks port, 3) ISP refuses connection from outside, foreign network.

OP
MTFire33

MTFire33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not sure what I changed, other than user name, but I reset the email account on the Ipad and it works great now.

Thanks for the help.

Most reactions

Latest posts