What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

email account

Judyaf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New ipad 4 came yesterday. My wife's combined gifts. I set up her email account and all works perfect there. I tried to set up a second account using my email address. That's where the problem begins. I cannot figure out how to retrieve my email. I need help. I decided not to keep the second email account because of this problem.

So here is my question: How do I remove/delete the second account?

Mick

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In Settings, under Mail, Contacts, Calendars: Open whatever account you want to delete, click on Delete Account.

OP
J

Judyaf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks KayKayKay,

I searched all for a "delete" option before starting this thread. A new search didn't help. Can you point out just where this delete option is?

m

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using the iPad email app that comes natively on the device? If so, when you open an individual email account under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, the delete option should be highlighted by a big red bar that says "Delete Account."

OP
J

Judyaf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not downloaded additional apps. I set up the accounts under settings > mail,contacts, calendars.

No matter what I have done so far - I cannot find a delete option.

This is the first time I have ever touched an ipad or any other tablet type device, so I am more that a little stupid.

Computers I have used a lot - but tablets - no. Please bear with me, and thanks

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you opened each individual account under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars? That's where to delete normally. I don't know what your setup looks like, but that's standard on iPads, iPhones and iPod touches.

OP
J

Judyaf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have opened both accounts. No option for delete found. I can't imagine that my setup screen would be any different than other ipads.

By the way, I am not Judyaf. I am her husband, who purchased this device for her, and set up her email account (and mine), plus found this forum and joined up for her.

I guess I will just have to give up on deleting the account. My next step probably should be to contact Apple.

Thank you very much for your help.

m

talon90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have opened both accounts. No option for delete found. I can't imagine that my setup screen would be any different than other ipads.

By the way, I am not Judyaf. I am her husband, who purchased this device for her, and set up her email account (and mine), plus found this forum and joined up for her.

I guess I will just have to give up on deleting the account. My next step probably should be to contact Apple.

Thank you very much for your help.

m

On the iPad, click on the settings icon on the home page.

Once in settings, scroll down to the mail, contacts, calendars section and press it, your screen should look like this:

2bf7e868ef896e0adf100b924aae6ef0.jpg

Select the email account from the list and you should see the following screen appear:

7c4a1f62820527f3d60fd7cfbf1a1498.jpg

Press the red Delete Account button.

This is what you should see if you set up a third party mail account such as yahoo or Gmail or an exchange account.

If you set up an iCloud mail account, you can't delete it like this. It is a system default and the iCloud Mail line will always be there. The only thing you can do in that event is go in to the iCloud mail and clear the settings. The iCloud Mail line will always remain however as it is part of the iOS.

Last edited:
OP
J

Judyaf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you. I called Apple, and they directed me to the same directions as both of you. There was a problem with the scroll up, which is where the "Delete" option is placed. It was simple once I was able to scroll up.

Again thanks,

Mick

Most reactions