What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email account comes back AFTER "Erase All Content and Settings"

caiddiac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had my iPad configured to receive Gmail & Exchange--worked fine. I then had to give the iPad to my boss so I went to settings and selected "Erase All Content and Settings". Looked virgin when done - no apps, no mail accounts. He uses it for a couple of months (no mail accounts configured) and all of a sudden, my Gmail starts showing up in the mail--as if it had reconnected and configured itself! All my personal mail being directed to a new person!!! Fortunately he gave it back and I've deleted the account through Mail settings but now am skittish it may come back. Any ideas?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Completely weird. The only thing I can think of is that the iPad was backed up in iTunes when you had it, and then got restored from that backup. But I'd think you're boss's email would have gone away when this happened.

Most reactions

Latest posts