What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All mail comes from gMail account!

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have Hotmail and gMail accounts set up, and no matter which account I select as the From address when I send mail, all mail arrives at the other end as having been sent from the gMail account!

Huh?

I can't see anything different in the setup of this machine compared to another which does not have the problem.

Ideas?

-t

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you go to 'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar', 'Accounts' -> select each account in turn and compare the SMTP server address you have entered under each account - are they the same?

Tim

OP
thewitt

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The settings are different, with gmail servers on the gmail account and live.com servers on the hotmail account.

-t

OP
thewitt

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I deleted and re-added the Hotmail account and everything is fine now.

I suspect there was simply something set that I did not see and reinstalling made it go away...

-t

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear. Deleting and re-entering seems an easy way to fix a whole load of problems on the iPad...:(

Tim

OP
thewitt

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I suspect a fresh set of eyes could have spotted the configuration problem, but I could not...

-t

Most reactions

Latest posts