What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Educational Apps for Elementary Kids

Landshark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've done some searching in the forum and on the net, but wanted to see what other iPad owners with elementary kids would suggest for educational apps for kids. I have a 3rd and 4th grader.

So far, based on my searches, I've found the following:
Mathboard
K12 Timed Reading Practice
Multiplication and Division Flash Action
Word Search for iPad—Young Reader’s Edition
Match-Up Math
Grammar Prep - Subjects and Verbs

Let me know your suggestions or thoughts on the above.

Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some research and references tools might be good. I'll let you decide if they are too much for 3rd and 4th graders.

USA Manual
Presidents (because it looks better than the USA manual)
The Elements
iScience
Star Walk
Wikipanion
Wolfram Alpha

Wikipanion and Wolfram Alpha might require parental oversight, depending on the kids and parents I suppose.

And they might interesting.

Knot Guide HD

gnarlydude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Parental oversight is good for anyone who has kids. Thanks for the info.

foxty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have some good apps for you reference:

1, ColorABC Deluxe HD - paintings
2, Math GO 2 HD - Math

Hope these app are helpful for you.

Thanks!

Caraslp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Carisa said:
I have a review site for iPad picture book apps: Digital Storytime - iPad Childrens Book Reviews - iPhone Childrens Book Reviews

I'm a mom & educator myself and married to a developer. We are members of MomsWithApps and they have a great free app that has lots of educational apps divided by subject matter that is a nice companion to the app store. You can find a link for it at the bottom of our deal page.

I handpick a half dozen free educational apps for kids up to age 10: Digital Storytime Daily Deal

There is a really cute book that's free this week, too - your kid's will probably like this: iPhone/iPad Book App Review Teddy's Night

Hope this is helpful! :)

Carisa
Site: Digital Storytime - iPad Childrens Book Reviews - iPhone Childrens Book Reviews
Blog:The Digital Media Diet | One mom's take on kids, technology and the world of apps …

Thanks for the daily deal link! Love the free Teddy bear story!!!!

The App Gate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Math Academy - TAG

Our app, Math Academy - TAG was mentioned by the Carlsbad Unified School District:
GATE home

We are listed in the Technology Dos and Donts pdf (elementary school version).

The app is designed for the early elementary grades.

Cheers,
- Brad

hitachi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another game for spelling and reading - learning German

Hi,
ABC Land German is an app to learn German for kids between 3 and 8 years. It can be downloaded for the iphone, the ipad and played on a web browser as well.
Just look it up on itunes or the app store.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have any of you subscribed to appshopper? They have a wishlist like iTunes but they update you on price drops and updates. They even have a graph so you can see likelihood if a price drop if you want to check out an app but are weary. (NOT A REP just an iOS lover)

SoldOnApple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Science apps for kids, I would encourage just in general. Kids who understand science are at a huge advantage to those who do not, and it just might nudge them into something like medicine or research if they find that they have a natural interest. Actually that Elements app I would highly recommend, although it doesn't actually teach chemistry, just present the table in a very pretty way.

Most reactions