What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Editting ipad icons

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys. I made a custom camera app icon that i wanna use on my ipad. I got the original icon from sshing into my device. The file was called icon.png . After editting the file and overwriting it. I respringed my ipad to see if it works. The icon never changed. Any ideas on what i could be doing wrong?

OP
GenerationX

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh i forgot to add something. I had to use a program called fixpng windows on the original icon file. What this program does is unlocks the file so that photoshop can acess it. If you dont use the program, only your idevice will be able to acess the file. Maybe i have to put my editted file back into a locked state so that my ipad can read it. I just dont know how to do this

Edit: I think this is what I'm supposed to do:

[... Moderator: Removed link to another forum ...]

if someone could help me do this, cuz i don't really understand it. That would be great :D

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
GenerationX

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GenerationX said:
Oh i forgot to add something. I had to use a program called fixpng windows on the original icon file. What this program does is unlocks the file so that photoshop can acess it. If you dont use the program, only your idevice will be able to acess the file. Maybe i have to put my editted file back into a locked state so that my ipad can read it. I just dont know how to do this

Edit: I think this is what I'm supposed to do:

[... Moderator: Removed link to another forum ...]

if someone could help me do this, cuz i don't really understand it. That would be great :D

Ok i found out how to do it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
GenerationX - while it's neat that you found how to answer your problem and create an icon, please don't post links to other iPad-related forums; it's against this forum's rules.

Thanks.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts