What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBooks

Loxem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
Does anyone know if i can download eBooks from internet for free and install them on iPad?? Or it will only work if i will download them from iTunes??

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Kindle app will allow downloads from Amazon, including whatever free titles are occasionally offered.

iPadUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I am correct, the iBooks app can use itunes books and e-pub formats. But as others had said you could use the kindle app, if you have any kindle books from Amazon.com

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I usually do is download the free ebooks to my pc, convert them to epub format(that was before the iBook update). Then sync them to my iPad.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just checked through the 160-some titles that appear in my iPad Kindle app and see that the public domain titles downloaded from
Gutenberg Project and Feedbooks are still available. So yeah, you can get free, legal public domain books on your iPad through Kindle.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, and don't fall for 'mypadmedia'. Those guys are instantly banned when they spam this forum.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, and don't fall for 'mypadmedia'. Those guys are instantly banned when they spam this forum.

Thanks for that comment regard ipadmedia yes it is instant total ban and track ip address which stops access to other forums so as the user figmo10 stated
Do not even go there or offer service here.

I also made an error for which I apologize for, I said in my post iTunes only which is not correct. I forgot about conversions and also kindle.

Cheers Colin Australia

J_hutt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My recommendation: install Stanza on the iPad (IMO a better reader than iBooks) and Calibre on your PC. Calibre can convert anything to the epub format that Stanza uses. Stanza allows you to transfer these epub files to your iPad via iTunes...or you can use Calibre to allow Stanza on your iPad to get the files via Wifi directly from your PC.

Stanza also allows downloading of free and paid epub books from a variety of sources.

MrVargas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes you can do that. I like to download books from feedbooks.com and then drag them all over to the books section of my iPad in the iTunes menu. A lot of their public domain books have covers unlike the ones in the ibookstore. This is also a convenient time to add coveres to any books that do not have one.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Barnes & Noble has their own free reader (and some free books) and now Borders has their own free reader (but I have yet to find anything free over there!).

ravynshadow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can get the kindle app, bn app, ereader app and the borders ereader app or you can download PDF ebooks and read them on stanza I do a lot of ebook reading with all of these apps. When you read with stanza it can convert a lot of the ebook file types along with the PDF file type and you transfer to stanza with wifi.

daniel077

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
Does anyone know if i can download eBooks from internet for free and install them on iPad?? Or it will only work if i will download them from iTunes??

hi you can get e books for your i pad..
have a look

Most reactions

Latest posts