What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBay Scammer LEXUS_LOVER....Please Read

CLD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Admins, I didn't know where to put this other than here.

Are you selling your iphone to get an ipad? this is what happend to me by doing so.

I recently sold my iPhone 3G to lexus_lover on ebay iPhone 3G, 8GB, Jailbroken, Unlocked MINT ONE DAY ONLY - eBay (item 320510443747 end time Apr-01-10 09:17:40 PDT)

Lexus_Lover paid me instantly, I was kind enought to add a second silicone cover to package for free since I didnt need it. I cleaned the phone very nicely and removed normal dust on the speaker/mic/usb connector area, sent him a brand new mic/heaphones used twice, and a old USB cable that I found, the auction didnt include a usb cable. The phone didn't had ANY scratches at all.

I shipped the phone and when he got it, he went directly to paypal to do a chargeback asking for a refund of $50 claiming that the rear cover had a crack were the usb cable connects, he told me that I forgot to mention this on my auction and that this was a problem on 3G and 3GS phones, as soon he explained me that that was a normal problem on the iphones, I knew this guy was trying to pull a fast one on me, I asked him for a picture of the rear cover, he sent me a picture of an iphone very blurry, I told him to send me the phone and I will refund his money back.

I took my video camera and recorded the day I received the package, I have been scammed before, one guy sent me a empty envelope with confirmation# and paypal gave him his money because the package was returned to me. This time I got my video camera and recorded everything, when I saw the mailman with a box, I said cool he sent me the phone, but I recorded all the steps anyway.

He returned me the iphone, some OLD BEAT UP headphones not the ones that I sent him, he kept the 2 silicone covers one pink and one black, and the phone had a crack on the rear cover, but the rear cover was defitly NOT mine, the phone that I sent had NO MARKS on the rear cover, the cover that he sent me had a few marks on the SIM card push hole, on the mic hole had 2 marks and the crack had dust in between line, in other words the crack didn't happend recently, it was an old crack and not my rear black cover.

I contacted paypal and ebay to tell them the problem that I had, and then started to look at his feedback, he left neutral feedbacks to several people that he returned the phone, I contacted all of this people and all of them responded me with the same story. "I sold him a perfect phone and he claimed is was broken, and when I got the phone back, he sent me a different old usb cable, broken cover, etc."

I contacted paypal with the new info, the other people never fight this with paypal because they didn't know what to do, all of this persons had very little feedback and that's the persons Lexus_lover was targeting to get their phones replace parts and the return them. I have more than 200 feedbacks and I think he choose me because I have a business name and maybe he thought that was easier to scam a company that wouldnt notice this after a few days etc.

Right now he is under investigation and paypal asked me to file a police report or fill an afidavit so they can go foward, they told me he had filed chargebacks like crazy with the same bogus claims of damaged goods etc, I tried to gave him the oportunity to come clean but, I'm sorry for him.
All the other sellers that had experience something similar with him will be contacting paypal soon so they can also file a police report, paypal told me that as soon they get the police report from me or affidavit, they will ask me to send the iphone to them and they will refund me my money, I'm guessing they need my iphone to investigate more deeply.

Lexus_Lover if you reading this you better start packing, I hope you used gloves when exchanging the cover, because it will be nice if they find your finger prints inside the phone or on the other side of the black cover. :rolleyes:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sold a phone on eBay recently and had a similar experience. I hate that eBay always seems to side with the buyer even if they are fraudulent.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll give my stuff to Goodwill before I put it up on eBay. And I think PayPal is very close to criminal.

OP
C

CLD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll give my stuff to Goodwill before I put it up on eBay. And I think PayPal is very close to criminal.

My first time I got rip off on ebay/paypal, I sold a rear view camera and rear view mirror with LCD monitor in it. I forgot to send a little cable that was not even necessary to install, the buyer made a chargeback and "returned my items for a full refund" days later I received a priority mail envelope with confirmation number with no senders address from him and paypal gave him the refund, I didn't know what to do and paypal didn't had a phone number to contact them at the time it was all by emails or claims, lets say I never got my money back or items.

nursedina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a bose radio on Ebay and it died the next day. I filed with paypal and was told ..and I quote "that my problem had no impact on the functioning of the unit" IT DIED!! I was denied a refund and had to pay Bode 75.00 to fix it, plus, I had over 600 positives 100% and the guy left negative feedback telling me I was trying to SCAM him!

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PayPal bad case

This is an interesting story but what does it have to do with this forum?

Hi Sonny, if you where at the place of CLD, i guess you will appreciate some support, of course in deep point you are right is not really the place for that ..

I also had a case with a Madman, who place an order to us, and when he realize he can’t import the goods he try to cancel the order … this case is yet in justice …

if someone wana read this edifying story just PM, i will give you the link

CLD i can understand your pain, and thank for inform the member of this guy

Most reactions

Latest posts