What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easier deletion of music from an ipad in iOS 8

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In iOS 7 and earlier, if you wanted to delete music from your iPad, you had to do it on a song by song basis in the music app. In Settings>General>Usage>Music you only had the option to delete all of your music at one time. There was no option to delete music on an album basis. That's all changed with iOS 8. When iOS 8 is released this fall, you'll be able to go into settings and selectively delete artists, albums, and individual songs by those artists. Here are some screenshots to illustrate it. image-4249289325.jpg

image-223729136.jpg

image-2435595975.jpg

image-1513611653.jpg

Last edited:

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On my iPhones when I updated to version 7 some of my songs would not play. Those songs are greyed out. I hope that version 8 fixes this.

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
On my iPhones when I updated to version 7 some of my songs would not play. Those songs are greyed out. I hope that version 8 fixes this.

If some songs wouldn't play they were likely not properly downloaded. Have you tried deleting the songs and re downloading them.

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I acquired these songs from many different places. Some like forever ago like on Audiogalaxy, like free music download places.

Most reactions