What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Earphones

jgm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi:

Do standard earphones from any brand (3.5 mm jack) work for the iPad 2?
If the answer is yes, is it worth investing in the Apple ones?

Thanks.

rtruett14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jgm said:
Hi:

Do standard earphones from any brand (3.5 mm jack) work for the iPad 2?
If the answer is yes, is it worth investing in the Apple ones?

Thanks.

Yes, all 3.5mm work. I find the Apple ones to be uncomfortable and they blow out easily. If you like high quality headphones, get some Beats by Dre. If you just want normal earbuds, I always buy JVC. They are very comfortable and the sound quality is fine. You can get them for like $20 pretty much anywhere.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sony earphones are great too!! Virtually noise canceling. They don't make that claim; however, I cannot hear loud talking or noise on the train MOST TIMES. If I do hear loud people over my already too load iPod I sort of raise my eyebrow at them lol!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

danielgfreeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always use my AUDIO TECHNICAS or my SENNHEISERS. I hate the apple headphones. Sound like poop and fall out of my ears.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Shure earbuds and Bose earphones that I'm happy with.

The Bose ones go over the ear, because I have small ears and they hurt with most earbuds after a while. I looked at various ones before I got the Bose ones and considered Beats by Dre, but read about a good number of people saying that theirs fell apart.

Most reactions

Latest posts