What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ear phones

Mike90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi every one I am new to the forum, and have just updated my gen 2 iPad to an 11inch iPad Pro 256g,
Could anybody recommend what earphones or buds are best, I have also been looking at the apple keyboard and pen but I think the pricing is way over the top, are there any third party makes that can be recommended, many thanks in advance.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
hi every one I am new to the forum, and have just updated my gen 2 iPad to an 11inch iPad Pro 256g,
Could anybody recommend what earphones or buds are best, I have also been looking at the apple keyboard and pen but I think the pricing is way over the top, are there any third party makes that can be recommended, many thanks in advance.

Hi Mike - went from an iPad Air 2 to the same iPad Pro w/ the new USB-C port and of course no headphone jack - if you want to be cabled to your new device, then a 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter can be purchased, such as the one offered by Apple shown below.

For myself, I've been using various BT (Bluetooth) buds/phones for a while and have gone through a half dozen types and brands - currently, I own the ones below ('in-ear buds', 'over the ears phones', and the newest acquisition 'bone induction' phones that do not plug up your ears, i.e. ambient sound can still be heard). NOW, all of these have worked fine for me but not really pushing those brands and models, but worth reviewing, if interested.

You'll need to decide 'what type' of sound technology best suits your needs and also the price you what to invest (my current ones have cost me $100 USD or less) - google some reviews (plenty exit) and checkout Amazon or another electronic size to view the options and comments. There really is not a BEST choice but more a personal one based on your needs and budget. You might also want to look at Apple's AirPods - a little pricey in my mind but enjoyed by many. Good luck. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 12.13.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 12.14.21 PM.png

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Getthenew Beats Wireless. They improved the audio and hang in your ears better plus water resistance.
pp-pdp-p3-imgwtext1-lrg.png.large.2x.png

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
Depends on what you listen to. I tend to listen to podcasts, and videos more than music. I have a basic pair of SkullCandy JIB Bluetooth earbuds. They were $23, and suit my needs just fine. As for the Apple Pencil. If you aren’t doing detailed art (I do) then the Logitech crayon is a less pricey alternative. If you are willing to gamble, try eBay for a sealed, in box Apple Pencil. I got mine for $75, and Apple let me screenshot my eBay “receipt”, and granted me the full warranty.i may have gotten lucky though.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Depending for what and how you use a stylus the Logitech Crayon is an excellent alternative (I have the Pencil 2, had Pencil 1 with gen 12.9). Adonit also makes some excellent accurate styluses-i still carry one to use with my iPhone.

I've had a lot of earphones over the years but I've been using Airpods since they came out. They fit me very well so I use during exercise as well as outdoor activities like gardening and use them all the time indoors-when husband is listening to something else I can just put in pods with any device I'm using-including Apple TV-and it plays (once they are paired but that is as simple as can be). The new Beats Pro may suit you better-but has same chip as Airpods 2 so will also sync immediately to Apple devices.

Most reactions

Latest posts