What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E-mail sound notifications?

Pkerr100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I have the e-mail app open it dings when I get e-mail. However, if I'm at the "desktop, I don't get a sound notification. The e-mail icon shows the e-mail has come in by increasing the little number but no sound.
Suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to Settings > Notification and turn on either the Banner or Alert for Mail. One of those should make a noise, as well as give you a stronger visual queue.

OP
P

Pkerr100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to Settings > Notification and turn on either the Banner or Alert for Mail. One of those should make a noise, as well as give you a stronger visual queue.
I did that. I selected both and those work as advertised. But I'm still not getting any noise when the mail comes in. Only if the mail app is open.

OP
P

Pkerr100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good news. I'm now getting sounds when e-mail comes in. Even when the iPad is "sleeping". Must have been when I went and messed with the Notification settings. Thanks for the advice.

Most reactions

Latest posts