What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E-mail attachments

Deejay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all,

Is it possible to e-mail a picture taken on an ipad2 ,from the ipad2 ?

Cheers

Deejay.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sure! If you've set up an e-mail account for the iPad2...

Just go to your photo app and open the folder in which is the photo you just took. Then, in the upper right hand corner, you'll see an arrow. Press on it, then touch the photo you want to e-mail. You'll get a blue circle/check mark on the photo and some options will be highlighted (they'll show up on the left side: Email, copy or delete).

If you select email, a pop-up will appear for you to fill in a TO address. Then, you can treat it like any other email and when you are done, press send and it's off.

Again, you have to have an e-mail account set up on the iPad first...

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
D

Deejay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Marilyn

I forgot that i cant send from my ipad anyway with my current e-mail (the old password problem).
am i correct in thinking that if i create a g-mail account for instance then i will be able to send via that?

thanks for the help

Deejay.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Absolutely!

In fact, I started with Gmail because of the iPad because my provider, Time Warner's Road Runner, wouldn't let me send e-mails if I wasn't on their network. Kind of hard to use the home network when you're not at home, yeah? So, I signed up for a [free!] Gmail account and have made it my default-send-from-the-iPad one. Very handy.

So, yeah, sign up for Gmail, either on a PC or a Mac (easier than trying to set up via the iPad). Once you've got an e-mail account opened, then it's a simple matter of setting up the Gmail account on the iPad (there's even an Apple default area for Gmail set-up under Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars). Just follow the steps (well, it's what I did ... so I assume it'll work that way for you)...

Once you've got Gmail going on the iPad, then you can do the process I described in my prior post.

Hope that helps and do let us know how you got along.

Marilyn

OP
D

Deejay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Marilyn, that worked a treat thanks :)

Deejay.

Most reactions

Latest posts