What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

e books

hannah1995

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I have just bought an ipad. I have a sony e reader pr600 with my books stored on a sony ereader library. How do I get my books from the ereader library onto my ipad?

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If those are books you bought from Sony, I'm afraid it will be difficult. You'll have to strip the drm off.
If you have a pc, our collegue Bremen wrote the recipe here on post #6.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
The PDF and ePub can be read in iBooks... but you will have to remove the DRM per the post # 3 above.....

Some have success with Txtr, which is an iPhone app that will work on the iPad.... of course the graphic quality will not be the best, but it is said to work with ADE DRM (the DRM the Sony store uses).... I have not tried Txtr myself, but if I were you I would at least take a look at it and perhaps try one ePub to see if it worked for you.....

OP
H

hannah1995

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The PDF and ePub can be read in iBooks... but you will have to remove the DRM per the post # 3 above.....

Some have success with Txtr, which is an iPhone app that will work on the iPad.... of course the graphic quality will not be the best, but it is said to work with ADE DRM (the DRM the Sony store uses).... I have not tried Txtr myself, but if I were you I would at least take a look at it and perhaps try one ePub to see if it worked for you.....

the link from that post isn't working safari cannot find the site. could you resend it?
Thanks

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com

the link from that post isn't working safari cannot find the site. could you resend it?
Thanks

http://www.ipadforums.net/ibooks/5642-question-bremen-kobo-books-vs-ibooks.html

post number 6

Please do not ask for further instructions beyond what is there... if you have good computer skills you will find it's no big deal. If you do not have good computer skills, then you shouldn't be doing it....

Also, did you try Txtr?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts