What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

During a flight?

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SYS said:
For those who rent movies for in flight entertainment:

1) which provider do you rent from?
2) how much iPad space does a movie rent require, if at all?
3) what's a typical cost nowadays?
4) how do you return once done?

Occasionally I do 12 hour flight, and I need to be able to rent and return from another country, etc. Have never rented a movie online...

I just rent from iTunes. The cost is between 1-5 dollars depending on movie and quality. The HD movies are usually 5 to rent for a 30 day rental but 24 hours once you begin movie. The size is about 3-5 GB. it deletes the movie automatically.

normanj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also use iTunes for downloading movie and TV show rentals.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my iPad on her last transpacific flight - she gets her own business class seat next to mine. =)

Attachments

• RoofOfHeaveBusinessClass2.jpg
    RoofOfHeaveBusinessClass2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 241

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have not yet used my iPad on a plane, but I have used in on trains and a bus. On the bus, I had wifi! On the train, I read and played games.
Sorry for the slight hijack, but what bus(line), how fast was the wifi?

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For those who rent movies for in flight entertainment:

1) which provider do you rent from?
2) how much iPad space does a movie rent require, if at all?
3) what's a typical cost nowadays?
4) how do you return once done?

Occasionally I do 12 hour flight, and I need to be able to rent and return from another country, etc. Have never rented a movie online...
Many public libraries have movies you can check out by downloading off the 'net.

normanj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not yet used my iPad on a plane, but I have used in on trains and a bus. On the bus, I had wifi! On the train, I read and played games.
Sorry for the slight hijack, but what bus(line), how fast was the wifi?

Peter Pan/ Greyhound, not sure of the speed, but it was fast enough for me to e-mail and surf the web without noticing any slowdown.

Most reactions

Latest posts