What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dumb Question

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad is not for dumb

I can't get past the fact you don't have a computer. 21st century is knocking and it wants to come in;)

in is trailer he can't find a place for install a netbook

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad is not for dumb

I do have several email accounts. I just hope the Apple Store can set-up the device so it's up and running before I leave the store!

Excuse me , but you are a dumb by your self .... we explain you the process but seem's you don't listen .... YOU SHOULD HAVE ACCOUNT IS CLEARLY WRITED IN THE IPAD REQUIREMENT

Mac system requirements
Mac computer with USB 2.0 port
Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later
iTunes 9.0 or later (free download from Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes Now)
iTunes Store account
Internet access
Windows system requirements
PC with USB 2.0 port
Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
iTunes Store account
Internet access

OP
S

stevenflaugher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My situation is this: Like many others, I want to get an iPad INSTEAD of a PC. Can you not understand that? I don't want or need several computers of any variety!

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dumb Question from a dumb One

My situation is this: Like many others, I want to get an iPad INSTEAD of a PC. Can you not understand that? I don't want or need several computers of any variety!

AND THE REPLY IS HERE
YOU SHOULD HAVE ACCOUNT IS CLEARLY WRITED IN THE IPAD REQUIREMENT

Mac system requirements
Mac computer with USB 2.0 port
Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later
iTunes Store account
Internet access

Windows system requirements
PC with USB 2.0 port
Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
iTunes Store account
Internet access

DO YOU KNOW HOW TO READ ??

at least 6 peoples told you the same but seem's you are deaf and blind

OP
S

stevenflaugher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey dude, I happen to have a graduate degree; my academic skills are very well-developed. My point is this: One does NOT have to have a PC in order to own and operate an iPad. I can get an iTunes account from any PC with internet service.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have a person with some type of internet access that wants to use an iPad exclusive instead of owning a PC. While an interesting concept, I think it is pressing things too far. However, it may be interesting to see how it plays out. It can be done, but it will require finding a way around the basic requirements. That should be possible, but if the Apple techs are not able to cooperate, having a friend with a PC is the alternative.

Ipadone, I do not know about the rest of this forum, but I think you are going too far in your condemnation. Chill dude. We all have our abilities and I know many who are extremely competent but have no clue about computers.

Last edited:

CGPanama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steven -- I get where you are coming from, and though I think it will be difficult to function exclusively from an iPad (not because of its functionality, but its ties to a computer for support) it is an interesting concept.

iPadOne - I believe your behavior is unnecessary on this board. I know that I have only joined today so that I can begin posting, but have been a regular lurker since this forum site started. I hope that the site administrators not be blinded by your "support" and seriously consider reining you in. I certainly do not have high hopes for your company's support for its clients. As it is, you have certainly lost the respect and commerce of this iPad user.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steven -- I get where you are coming from, and though I think it will be difficult to function exclusively from an iPad (not because of its functionality, but its ties to a computer for support) it is an interesting concept.

iPadOne - I believe your behavior is unnecessary on this board. I know that I have only joined today so that I can begin posting, but have been a regular lurker since this forum site started. I hope that the site administrators not be blinded by your "support" and seriously consider reining you in. I certainly do not have high hopes for your company's support for its clients. As it is, you have certainly lost the respect and commerce of this iPad user.

CG before talk you should read how many time how i try to explain him clearly the process ... but he insist

so at one moment that bother me ... i am the one like to help the other when i can, but when you are too much I TOLD YOU this is me personally and have nothing to do with my support or my business ...

when you are a boss or you are an employee is the same, in life one important things is to stay your self RIGHT

CGPanama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPadOne - if you notice, I too have posted multiple times in this thread. Unlike you, I believe it is my responsibility to continue to act civilly or if not, to keep my thoughts to myself. As someone who runs a large IT Department, and is used to dealing with my fair share of "I told you" moments, I can understand where you come from. But where you are going is not something that I can condone, nor would I be interested in from a vendor on a personal or professional basis.

As a businessman, I can tell you that your posts on this forum are on behalf of your company. While you gain the benefit of free advertising every time you post on this forum by virtue of your profile and signature, so must you accept responsibility for the actions of yourself as an employee of said company.

I do not wish for this to become a heated discussion. Nor to hijack this thread. So I will no longer respond to this matter in forum. If you wish to continue this discussion elsewhere, you are free to contact me by private message.

Most reactions