What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropbox not recognising photo stream

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Instead it just how photo library (but doesnt open the photo library) so I cant upload files from the photo stream.

Have done a soft and hard reset, have uninstalled and reinstalled dropbox, turned photo stream on and off.

Any help appreciated.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As far as I remember, Dropbox is only able to import images from Camera Roll.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can do it the other way around, though only one photo at a time. Open Photos, select a photo, then share it. You can send it to Dropbox

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426291515.279647.jpg

Or if it is something you do a lot you can probably set up something in the Workflow app. It's a simple two step workflow. Took me all of a minute to set up and test. However, I no longer have Photo Stream turned on, so I can't guarantee it will work there. It does work with iCloud Library (beta) and iCloud Photo Sharing.

I'll be happy to walk you through the setup for this if you decide to use it. Or just publish and email you a download link for the workflow.

Edit: A little more testing shows that those photos that I copied from iCloud Photo Sharing were of low quality. Opening the photos in the Photos app first, so that the full resolution photo was downloaded, corrected this. No idea how it would work with Photo Stream or iCloud Photo Library if they don't have full version local to the iPad. That can be optional in the second case.

Last edited:
OP
lizzieh

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks. I will use the first option as its usually only one or two photos I need to upload. Am grateful for your help.

Most reactions

Latest posts