What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropbox is great! But...

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been using Dropbox for about a week now on my iPad and I've got a question.

I've learned how to move the files I create from one folder to another. The problem is that when I get to the point that the website shows my list of folders so that I can select the destination folder for the file I want to move, I only see 6 of the 8 files that I have. In other words, there is no way to scroll up so that I can look at all my files and choose the correct destination folder. Does anyone have a solution for this?

glittergirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using the Dropbox website on your iPad, or trying to view/do this within the Dropbox iPad app?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
glittergirl said:
Are you using the Dropbox website on your iPad, or trying to view/do this within the Dropbox iPad app?

I have the Dropbox app for the iPad and I've been trying to to do this on my iPad through the website. Is there a way to move files from one folder to another through the app? And now that we're on the subject, is there a way to change the title of a file through the app without having to go to the website?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been using Dropbox for about a week now on my iPad and I've got a question.

I've learned how to move the files I create from one folder to another. The problem is that when I get to the point that the website shows my list of folders so that I can select the destination folder for the file I want to move, I only see 6 of the 8 files that I have. In other words, there is no way to scroll up so that I can look at all my files and choose the correct destination folder. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Can you post a screenshot of what you're describing? I can't visualize it in my head.

Thanks.

Marilyn

P.S. And, for your other question, I've just been all over the Dropbox app on the iPad. Still can't edit file names or move them around within the app. Guess Dropbox, on the iPad, is really more of a mirror than an actual folder you can manipulate. With a PC or via the web, yeah, you can change things, but not in the app.

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Can you post a screenshot of what you're describing? I can't visualize it in my head.

Thanks.

Marilyn

P.S. And, for your other question, I've just been all over the Dropbox app on the iPad. Still can't edit file names or move them around within the app. Guess Dropbox, on the iPad, is really more of a mirror than an actual folder you can manipulate. With a PC or via the web, yeah, you can change things, but not in the app.

I tried to copy and paste but it didn't work. How do you make a screenshot?

glittergirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Press the home button and the lock/power button at the same time. You'll see the screen flash white and the screenshot will be saved to your Saved Photos/camera roll. 

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:

Thanks.

Marilyn

Here is the screenshot you asked for...

image-3859367250.png

I have nine folders in my Dropbox account. You'll notice from the screenshot that the website only displays six out of the nine. I have a JPEG file that I want to move into one of the folders that is hidden from view and there doesn't seem to be any way to scroll the folders up so that I can move my JPEG file into the folder that I choose. What should I do?

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to use two fingers, Tap two fingers onto that blue box (just in the middle) and drag up or down! That will do it. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts