What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sending dropbox links from iPad

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When using my iPad in dropbox, I select the send email option for a selected video file so that I can share it with others. A link is created and I mail it.

Problem is that the link won't open and play the mp4 video. The video is in the public folder in dropbox, so I can' understand why there is a problem.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you are in your public folder on your iPad - do you press the link button to create the public link (not the curvy arrow)? Then, after pressing the link button, you should get an option to e-mail that link.

If you don't create the public link first - and just use the curved arrow to e-mail the public folder's address - it won't work.

Try that and let us know how you get on. Or, if that's what you are doing, let us know that and we'll try to figure out what else it could be.

Marilyn

OP
Parrori1

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When you are in your public folder on your iPad - do you press the link button to create the public link (not the curvy arrow)? Then, after pressing the link button, you should get an option to e-mail that link.

If you don't create the public link first - and just use the curved arrow to e-mail the public folder's address - it won't work.

Try that and let us know how you get on. Or, if that's what you are doing, let us know that and we'll try to figure out what else it could be.

Marilyn

I do not see a public link. All I see is the icon that when clicked gives me the option to send an email or copy to clipboard.

OP
Parrori1

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I email the created file, you can't open the file link.

Last edited:
OP
Parrori1

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I email the created file, you can't open the file link.

I can see it fine if I click on it. It is a girl in a restaurant with a pizza on the table.

You may want to remove the link :)

That would be my granddaughter.

When I click on the link I eventually get a black screen containing a circle with a line drawn through it.

Were you using an iPad to view that link?

Last edited:

Most reactions