What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropbox and iBooks

0sync0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any ideas on why pdfs in Dropbox will open in iBooks but epubs won't?

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any ideas on why pdfs in Dropbox will open in iBooks but epubs won't?
Probably the same reason why epubs will not open on a PC unless you have a reader such as Stanza or Kindle Reader installed. You have to remember that ebooks are still marginal with a big part of the computing public. Were getting there!

OP

0sync0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably the same reason why epubs will not open on a PC unless you have a reader such as Stanza or Kindle Reader installed. You have to remember that ebooks are still marginal with a big part of the computing public. Were getting there!
I don't understand your response. I have two readers installed, iBooks and Stanza, but it will only open in Stanza.

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand your response. I have two readers installed, iBooks and Stanza, but it will only open in Stanza.

Have you looked at GoodReader yet? you can even email photos with it, as well as email attachments and so on and so on...
It does play nice with PDF's and even lets you export to iBooks.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah, I see. When you get an pub into Dropbox, you can't open it there but if you get a PDF into Dropbox it will open. I thought that's what you meant.
Confusion in words, my error...:D

Somehow, Dropbox seems to ignore iBooks. I've had to read a few books in Stanza for that reason.

OP

0sync0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got GoodReader today to see if I could use it to open epubs in iBooks. It did not and I emailed them about it. Here is their response.

I'm afraid that this issue should be addressed to iBooks developers (Apple), because it is the recepient app (iBooks) that determines which files it wishes to accept, not the sender app (GoodReader).

Most reactions

Latest posts