What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drawing Tools App?

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am looking for an app that allows me to make quick and simple sketches of two-D figures with such things as straight lines, arrows, rectangles, etc, with an extremely simpe interface. I think it probably should be a vector graphics app, but most of the ones I have seen (and I have several) are too compex for what I have in mind. I just want to make simple sketches to support handwritten notes.

Note Taker HD has such tools, but its zoom window can't be repositioned to my satisfaction. Notability is a good note taking app (as are several others) but its graphic tools aren't very good.

Can anyone make a recommendation? I have tried a lot of note taking apps, as well as several vector graphics apps.

Thanks.

Layth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Normally I would recommend TouchDraw, but if you want the app to support handwriting too then I would recommend iDraw. They're both vector based apps and similar in a lot of ways. Both apps have a pen like tool that you can use for writing. For writing purposes neither app will give you handwriting that's as good as a good dedicated handwriting app.

I guess you would have to pick and choose your battle. Handwriting vs drawing.

OP
Tuttle

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Layth said:
Normally I would recommend TouchDraw, but if you want the app to support handwriting too then I would recommend iDraw. They're both vector based apps and similar in a lot of ways. Both apps have a pen like tool that you can use for writing. For writing purposes neither app will give you handwriting that's as good as a good dedicated handwriting app.

I guess you would have to pick and choose your battle. Handwriting vs drawing.

Thanks. I just bought inkpad. It seems to do what I need!

Anyone else used it?

Most reactions

Latest posts