What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drawing Stylus

ilovemyipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good, pen-sized stylus for the iPad? I am looking for something pretty precise for drawing & writing. I have seen several on Amazon and a few other places, however, none of them seem to be what I am looking for. I tried one that had a soft, felt-like tip, which I can appreciate because I don't want to scratch up the screen, but it was too wide, trying to simulate a fingertip and I really need something with a fine tip.

***UPDATE***

I just received my Dagi today, and I absolutely love it. The point takes a little getting used to, but once you get it, its great. I highly recommend. Also seems to be a little heavier than most stylus which is also a plus. The company that sells these on eBay is located in Taiwan, so they take a little while to reach the states (mine took 2 weeks) no big deal. Thanks for the advice bjameslynch.

Last edited:

bjameslynch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The one I've been looking at is the Dagi Stylus. What I like about it is it has a clear plastic head with a small sensor dot on it so you can see exactly where you're drawing. I know lots of artists swear by the Pogo Sketch Stylus, but it looks too spongy and inaccurate for my liking. I haven't actually tried the Dagi yet, but here's the Youtube review that piqued my interest: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfTeIIi79r8]YouTube - Dagi Stylus on Apple Ipad and Sketchbook Pro[/ame]

To order them, just search for "dagi stylus" on ebay. There's tons available, and they run about $20. Hope this helps.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Boxwave makes a drawing stylus too. Amazon reviews tend toward people saying the PogoSketch is too squishy, and they like the Boxwave much better. When I have given up drawing with my finger, I'll be ordering a Boxwave.

jgreg65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just looking for one for hand writing notes, not so much for drawing. So I'm loooking for a med / fine point. Any ideas?

Azieser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using the Pogo but I agree that it has a larger tip than it needs to have. Still it is a lot thinner than my finger. To get finer details I either zoom in on the work or set the line thickness thinner in applications that will allow you to adjust this setting and that seems to have done the trick for me.

But I would also be interested in trying a thinner tipped stylus.

PrimoOptimoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just looking for one for hand writing notes, not so much for drawing. So I'm loooking for a med / fine point. Any ideas?

That's the thing: Capacitive screens cannot use "pointy" styli at all - that quarter-inch blob on a pogo, or the ball of foam on a boxwave, is about as small as it gets. I'm a digital artist myself and am used to a Wacom digitizer with an active pen. I'm a bit scared of how it'll be when I get my iPad, but I have seen people do really, really great art with one, so I'm hopeful.

burgerman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know a case with a Pen (stylus) holder other then the wallet which is not actually out and you can only pre order

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know a case with a Pen (stylus) holder other then the wallet which is not actually out and you can only pre order

I have seen some like this posted on this forum, here in accessories. I don't remember but it may have been an iCase brand

Rokas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the thread i was also looking for a pen like that :D so might get dagi as it looks a fine pen for drawing/writing

Cheers :)

xultar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got the boxwave stylus in the mail and it beats the Pogo by leaps and bounds. I don't know what Pogo was thinking. I wish I'd been able to tell by viewing the pages how much better the boxwave stylus was. I could kick myself.

Anya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good, pen-sized stylus for the iPad? I am looking for something pretty precise for drawing & writing. I have seen several on Amazon and a few other places, however, none of them seem to be what I am looking for. I tried one that had a soft, felt-like tip, which I can appreciate because I don't want to scratch up the screen, but it was too wide, trying to simulate a fingertip and I really need something with a fine tip.

***UPDATE***

I just received my Dagi today, and I absolutely love it. The point takes a little getting used to, but once you get it, its great. I highly recommend. Also seems to be a little heavier than most stylus which is also a plus. The company that sells these on eBay is located in Taiwan, so they take a little while to reach the states (mine took 2 weeks) no big deal. Thanks for the advice bjameslynch.

I also got Dagi P501 for my iPad, it's truly awesome.:) I use it with NoteTaker and Noterize Apps and it works really well. There is a new store in US that sells them by the way.

Anya

iPF Noob
Reaction score

***UPDATE***

I also got Dagi P501 for my iPad, it's truly awesome.:) I use it with NoteTaker and Noterize Apps and it works really well. There is a new store in US that sells them by the way.

I found it on Facebook. iusestyli

Anya

iPF Noob
Reaction score

***UPDATE***

I also got Dagi P501 for my iPad, it's truly awesome.:) I use it with NoteTaker and Noterize Apps and it works really well. There is a new store in US that sells them by the way, it's called iusestyli

Polaris43

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Look at the Portenzo cases - I have one with the optional stylus holder and I love it.

Most reactions

Latest posts