What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

jutto88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm having a lot of trouble getting Moon. I have now got 4 suns and getting annoyed!! What combinations have worked for you? I've used Love&cold and crystal& bluefire and got 2 suns from each!
Please help!!!

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't think they were trying to deceive. Last time they did and update with a level increase I immediately jumped to 26 1/2 they should count it for the next one as well :)

I hope not. Assuming I make Level 30 before next update, I would to think I was going to jump a bunch of levels because of stored XP. It says max for a reason. Not to mention that there is very little reason to Level up, aside from getting a new habitat. I'm not sure what the fuss is about.

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm having a lot of trouble getting Moon. I have now got 4 suns and getting annoyed!! What combinations have worked for you? I've used Love&cold and crystal& bluefire and got 2 suns from each!
Please help!!!

We've reason to believe that the time set on your device is what decides if you are making a sun or a moon. Sun's are made between 7am and 7m. Moon's are made after 7pm and before 7am. Same combinations work for both.

If you're keen to make a moon you can adjust the time on your device to be always between 7pm and 7am. This might mess with other games or apps though.

phibes74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fletch_smf said:
I hope not. Assuming I make Level 30 before next update, I would to think I was going to jump a bunch of levels because of stored XP. It says max for a reason. Not to mention that there is very little reason to Level up, aside from getting a new habitat. I'm not sure what the fuss is about.

The fuss for me was the long haul was done... One of my goals was reached... New island more room.... And it just felt good to be at the same lv as the big kids!!!!!!

Sent from. Tricia xoxo

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Couldn't bring myself to readjust my green, blue, red or yellow islands to house a Metal habitat, so made it the centre piece of my Colosseum island. It is now pride of place on my landing page with a Mother and a baby Metal Dragon being the newest additions to Islas de Fletch Dragoon. We are very excited on our new arrivals, and hope to breed them with other Island inhabitants soon.

M.PMeyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A few pages ago I mentioned something about a gem dragon- since everyone seemed to like the idea I decided to draw one - I'm not the best drawer so.... Prepare yourself

image-3495983818.jpg

image-1171485183.jpg

image-2905465049.jpg

image-3114081869.jpg

image-2163691355.jpg

So it kinda has like its lower half is a snake and he has lots of black fur while all of the details like his spikes or teeth are red like gems and his outlines are a darker black. So what do you guys think??

Michael GCID M.P Meyer

Last edited:

mc_neeze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't tried it yet but if I was going for a sandstorm might try air/iron. Shortest breed times on the earth hybrids if you have failed attempts.

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tommy B's Dragon Land

Crystal Island

Nice work, Tommy. That's a nicely constructed island and the story matches well. Lots of plant life for the arid middle of Australia, but magic is a powerful thing.

Like the change of warning as well, to include the Cactus Dragon. Nice touch.

No metal boost? Or is it hidden behind something?

Is there one more story to come?

Birdmaestro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know on the shrines. I asked Poppy if he had lost his Gold ones and his most useful reply was "I hope not."

They're still gone. I emailed BFS support about it - haven't heard anything back yet. Jack is delighted though. He has silver shrines which puts him ahead of me. :)

M.PMeyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TommyB said:
Tommy B's Dragon Land

Crystal Island

Please use caution while visiting Tommy B's Dragon Land, as much of the park is still under construction. Some weird magic going on - don't get turned into a Cactus Dragon or nuthin! Cuz, wow, they're ugly. I mean, seriously ...

Welcome to Crystal Island.

There has been a flurry of activity around Tommy B's Dragon Land of late, and that is due to the arrival of a brand-new island. As noted earlier, our magnanimous founding wizard, Tommy B, has spent a great deal of time sourcing the hunk of rock for the park's next island. He would not settle for just any ol' chunk of basalt or granite. While Tommy B's Dragon Land (a stupid and unoriginal name for a park, but don't tell him that!) is home to a huge number of unique, amazing, rare, and fascinating dragons, he also wanted the park itself to stand out.

Somewhere in the strange depths of Australia's arid interior, where normal people wouldn't imagine ever going, Tommy B stumbled upon what at first seemed to be a rare but random vein of powerful crystals, nestled high in the mountains. He refuses to reveal the exact location, but we can tell you that this place was about between the Dundas and Queen Victoria Spring Nature Reserves, east of Kalgoorlie and west of Rawlinna.

Upon further inspection, it turned out that this was no simply natural vein of crystal, but in fact a lost and ancient site of wizardly ruins! A small bowl of rock high in the mountains was shot through with rare yellow crystals and strange crystalline metal structures. And spread around these outcroppings - some of which seemed natural and other seemed somehow groomed - were the ruins of an ancient wizard's keep.

Very little is left - a couple of run-down buildings which Mr. B. has restored, many seemingly-cultivated outgrowths of crystal and hematite-like metal, and lots of strange brick and even gold flagstones. As you wander about the island, you will see what must once have been a large paved area, perhaps used as a forum, or for wizardly experiments, or even for primitive dragon duels, a forerunner of today's Colosseum events.

Tommy B has left much of these ruins alone, enjoying rather the play of nature and order. Several wondrous sorts of lightning dragon and metal dragon can be found on the island, some of which have never been seen by wizardkind before! All of whom have taken quite nicely to the natural crystals and metals in the island.

But what attracted Tommy B most to this hunk of rock was not just the beauty of the crystals and metals, and not just the calm yet inexorable way in which nature is slowly retaking the ruins, but that the yellow crystals and reddish metals are really quite powerful, well-suited for experiments but even better used as focussing tools to harness and enhance Tommy B's magics! But what seemed to be a windfall was actually to pose quite a problem.

Whenever Mr. B. tried to focus his magics on the area, in order to separate it from the surrounding rock and lift it high into the sky for transportation, the crystals began to shine, and then to reverberate, threatening to shake the ruins apart! Not only that, but the six-sided metallic veins absorbed so much magical energy from the spell that they began to really heat up, and the whole island was in danger of melting!

Our amazingly brilliant, yet ever humble, founding wizard, however, had a plan. After much calculation, and lots of intuition, Tommy B particularly placed perfectly three astrolabes, situated specifically to harness and control the magic of the spells, and magnificently harmonizing the yellow crystals' vibrations as well as keeping the metal crystals from absorbing the energy and heat, neatly averting liquefaction (a great word).

Thus, after much hunting, and studying, and magicking, and planning, and a few little touches here and there, Tommy B's Dragon Land is delighted to bring to you, our dear visitors, Crystal Island! Come and see the very varied species of lightning and metal dragons who love to cavort and play amidst these mysterious and ancient wizardly ruins from some weird place in Australia. Huzzah!

For our guests' convenience, restrooms have finally opened, and can be found on Firecicle Island, Forest Island, and Shrine Island.

I love all of your islands stories- so creative but I have noticed you haven't named a dragon after me yet!! :D

Michael GCID M.P Meyer

Most reactions