What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

Plants123821

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Elljo35 said:
Does anyone no how to get a third island? I have the option to get a epic breeding island but for over 100 gems,can we buy one?

Forgot to add I'm level 14

You just have to level up. I think you get the third at lvl fifteen.

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Everyone has their own opinion. Looking back the last week Poppy summed it up pretty accurately. I would not say its heresay or a conspiracy it was reality. i experienced the anticipation, excitement, impossible success and now most of us in less than 6 hrs. at most have a second or first, compared to 24 hours ago. Was it just luck for everyone here? Or a business model to hook its players to buy gems and raise the most money?

Lastly, coming from Internet sales, manipulation is a common practice to secure sales.

I'm saying basically two things.

1. Our experience was what it was, but you can't say the manipulation from BFS suggested by various people in this thread happened.
2. Good marketing is expected, and it should be there to make the company money. But fat people blaming McDonalds for their obesity need to take responsibility for their choices.

Actually one more thing; Working to achieve something is good for, and immediate gratification is bad for, the soul.

Smurfette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
250strong said:
Congratulations to everyone who got a LYD. and especially those who didnt use any or that many gems.

unfortunately i was stuck in a position where I used Love/Cold combos on both breeding cave and EBI and BOTH ended up with 48 hours.

The only way I could get the LYD was the purchase gems for the first time.

That's okay. Too get this far and not buy gems is pretty cool.

DawniJeann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cellur111 said:
Can't seem to get my 2nd one..I tried breeding a leap year dragon with a rainbow but now I have. 48 hour egg and no combinations are working lol

I have only been getting more rainbows from this combo. Tried Love & Cold in EBI and did pop a 2nd one.

1:13 am (PST) March 1st - still working.

A couple questions... Do these dragons run positive in any habitat: Sandstorm, Panlong?

Has anyone done a "Boost Guide"?

Last edited:

Smurfette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fletch_smf said:
I'm saying basically two things.

1. Our experience was what it was, but you can't say the manipulation from BFS suggested by various people in this thread happened.
2. Good marketing is expected, and it should be there to make the company money. But fat people blaming McDonalds for their obesity need to take responsibility for their choices.

Actually one more thing; Working to achieve something is good for, and immediate gratification is bad for, the soul.

Too true. Unless you are BFS you can only guess what happens behind the scenes. And definitely true no one here held a gun to any bodies head and said to buy gems. People play this game, the way that they want. The conclusions and beliefs that were made have come from that persons experiences. . Everyone's journey followed different paths but in the end it is Just a game. As long as no one spent money that they couldnot afford to use then it's all good. Love you all and congrats to everyone who got either 1 or more LYD's. To the people who never got 1, keep your head up it is just a dragon ( many of us missed out on Bone) and for the ones like me who won't give up till and on there last chance. Heads up, close your eyes, take a deep breath and as my son said give your iPad a kiss mum and don't forget to say pretty please. Good luck. Just over 2 hrs till my final and last chance.

Last edited:

Smurfette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DawniJeann said:
I have only been getting more rainbows from this combo. Tried Love & Cold in EBI and did pop a 2nd one.

A couple questions... Do these dragons run positive in any habitat: Sandstorm, Panlong?

I'm not as experience as some of the others but I'll have a go. Air and Earth are opposites when it comes to boosts. Therefore sandstorm cannot go with either. However I have my Panlongs in earth habitats (higher money earning habitat) with a water boost as that suits my islands. You could also have them with a fire boost depending on what other boosts are on your island with them. If you had both it would increase your chances and to get the figures either Poppy or Fletch are better at that then me. They make answers very high tech. I'm not that good.

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Sandstorm, like Reindeer, is made up of opposite elements, and therefore can not get a positive boost. It's earnings are the same no matter what boosts are on the island.

Air and Earth are also in Panlong and again, cancel each other out. However, Water's opposite is Lightning and Fire's opposite is cold, so either will boost a Panlong for 20% and both will boost it for 44%.

Boosts are best working on high earning dragons.

So Frost/Bluefire make the most of Cold Boosts.
Storms are good with Lightning and Cold Boosts.
Quakes are good with Lightning and Earth Boosts.

Love can be triple boosted with Fire, Plant and Lightning for a massive 73% but the Earth habitats are capped at 15 000 so this is only beneficial if you can clear them regularly.

iBunda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WOOHOOOO!!!! Got my 2nd Golden Dragon. It's 4.28pm in my city I don't know and not sure if the race closed or not but I still saw the golden dragon in the market. Using Flower and Storm, after 5 times got firefly or scroch one time poison and 2 times storm than I got 14:30:00 in my normal breeding cave, while my other breeding cave stuck with 48 hours... it feels good. LOL :))

Ursa3000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WOOHOOOO!!!! Got my 2nd Golden Dragon. It's 4.28pm in my city I don't know and not sure if the race closed or not but I still saw the golden dragon in the market. Using Flower and Storm, after 5 times got firefly or scroch one time poison and 2 times storm than I got 14:30:00 in my normal breeding cave, while my other breeding cave stuck with 48 hours... it feels good. LOL :))

Excellent! Congratulations on doing the double.

Smurfette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iBunda said:

Congrats. Am trying for my second in just over 1 hour. You should be happy. Well done

sunfresh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey peeps,

I think I just got another Leap year dragon with a new combo love/snow!!

Attachments

• image-2295088021.jpg
    image-2295088021.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 464

250strong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those DV players that did not purchase any gems to get the LYD, here is a question:

What would you have done if you had both your breeding caves tied up with 48 hour breeds??
(you have 50 gems)

A: Would you have given in and bought gems?
B: would you have used up all you had and thats it?
C: would you have just waited to see if there was enough time at the end to try a couple times to breed one?

Most reactions

Latest posts