What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

Mossyman87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh so I can't collect any coins from my habitats it just crashes. I have tried collecting then waiting but every time I'm done and come back in to it they are all full again and it doesn't count.

peppiegal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh so I can't collect any coins from my habitats it just crashes. I have tried collecting then waiting but every time I'm done and come back in to it they are all full again and it doesn't count.

Mine was doing that for about two hours today. I tried force quitting and uninstalling, but nothing worked. I just ended up having to wait it out.

gcid: KOKO~PUFFS

Mossyman87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine was doing that for about two hours today. I tried force quitting and uninstalling, but nothing worked. I just ended up having to wait it out.

Hopefully it's better in the morning, at least I was able to clear my breeding caves and restart.

narab1

iPF Novice
Reaction score

This is happening to me too...thought it was just me.

Also....Can anyone explain the spinning coloured balls over my dragon's heads? Who gets them? Why are they different colors? What do they mean?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

pristoph

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Also....Can anyone explain the spinning coloured balls over my dragon's heads? Who gets them? Why are they different colors? What do they mean?
Thanks.

Hi nancy. I asked that same question a while back. A dragon gets a spinning ball after they pass level 10. Before this last update you had to jump through a bunch of hoops to be eligible for 10+ dragons but now, anyone with the dragon fruit can get there. I believe the type of ball reflects the dragon's main habitat like fire or water or plant.

GC: pristoph ......... HD Level 50......DV Level 27 and proud owner of a dbl rainbow dragon

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
narab1 said:

Thanks.

Your dragons can now be leveled to the same level as your park up to 20. For example, a level 18 player can level dragons up to 18. Level 20 and above can go up to 20. When your dragon pass level 10, you get an orbs above their head, the color represent the first element of the dragon, when you level up your dragon to level 20, the orbs will change to a crown. You can now also use gems to level up dragond and the shrines now serve no purpose than just a decoration. Thats are some changes in dragonvale 2.0

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kryp2n8 said:
After completing the 5600 magic it will reward you Large Dark Habitat to hold 3 dark dragons, on the next level magic goes up to 7200, i don't know what's the reward yet, i think it's for Huge Habitat or the dark egg will finally hatch.

So after completed 7200 magic, it will reward you second egg, magic needed now goes up 9999, i'm sure this will reward you 3rd egg. So will stop here for now and will cast for light magic next.

narab1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi nancy. I asked that same question a while back. A dragon gets a spinning ball after they pass level 10. Before this last update you had to jump through a bunch of hoops to be eligible for 10+ dragons but now, anyone with the dragon fruit can get there. I believe the type of ball reflects the dragon's main habitat like fire or water or plant. GC: pristoph ......... HD Level 50......DV Level 27 and proud owner of a dbl rainbow dragon

Thanks Val. Now that I think of it, you're right...the ones with spinning balls are past level 10. Thanks.

Your dragons can now be leveled to the same level as your park up to 20. For example, a level 18 player can level dragons up to 18. Level 20 and above can go up to 20. When your dragon pass level 10, you get an orbs above their head, the color represent the first element of the dragon, when you level up your dragon to level 20, the orbs will change to a crown. You can now also use gems to level up dragond and the shrines now serve no purpose than just a decoration. Thats are some changes in dragonvale 2.0

Thanks. The shrines update was aggravating, since I bought all of them just before the upgrade. Might have had a better use for the cash if I'd known that was coming! ;(
Thanks for the further explanation...I will look forward to crowns now!

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
narab1 said:
Thanks Val. Now that I think of it, you're right...the ones with spinning balls are past level 10. Thanks.

Thanks. The shrines update was aggravating, since I bought all of them just before the upgrade. Might have had a better use for the cash if I'd known that was coming! ;(
Thanks for the further explanation...I will look forward to crowns now!

For us who already have gold shrine before the update, it rewards us 40 golds and 1,000,000 treats for each gold shrine, i'm not sure if it will also reward 40gems for those who got gold shrine after the update.

oldsmol

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I feel your pain, I thought I would breed a few Blues and Leaps since we were blessed with the new habitats, but with such wild results, I brought back some hibernating Panlongs and Papers and am just random breeding ;-p with no expectations. Hope this phase passes soon!

Lol Happy Halloween, trick or treat for us!

Thank you Visenya!
I am sorry to say - and I am regulary a too optimistic person - the phase will not pass. ...
This is my first play and I have had great fun. It even has taken time from my writing articles, doing research ..... and reading litterature. And ..... that is a new situation for me.
With this new rules I am not sure this is my - how do you say .. - after my own heart ...
And then ...we will see.

You probably got Hail dragon, Bluemoon parents is Cold and Lightning, so you can get any dragon with combine Cold and Lightning elements... Storm, Hail, Sun, Moon or another *Bluemoon.

*Not sure about getting another Bluemoon coz it's already expired.

About expired dragons Marc - I am not sure thats right. Got one of the oneeyed, and thought that was expired too, but I can be wrong.

Love this! Bravo!

GC: pristoph ......... HD Level 49........DV Level 26 and proud owner of a dbl rainbow dragon

Thanks for you saying that Pristoph!

The best place to let Hasbro know our frustration with the new update is in the APP STORE. :thumbsdown:

Also FYI:

"Hasbro will be hoping Backflip's team can bring similar success to some of the toymaker's biggest brands, while potentially taking some of its own IP in the other direction. With Hasbro already the main toy licensee for Rovio's Angry Birds franchise, it would not be surprising to see DragonVale receive similar treatment."

Hadn't thought about that, really. Thanks!
Never been writing there ever. Now - after getting out of the closet with play-addiction on DV - perhaps ...

It's kind of a slang to unfair. You do very well with English. I have a much easier time understanding your long, well written posts as opposed to friends I have on my Facebook with English as a first language.

Peppie, you are too kind!
I understand it's not 100% true, but it makes me happy, you writing this. I get a better selfconfidence and who knows,
One day there will be a new little poem in english .. like before the new update :)

Thanks too you I found a Slang dictionary.
Here I wanted to hear how you would explain this yourself.
You have probably understood my fascination for words ;)
Writing here has got me starting - as soon as I began to write - thinking in english again. Happens automaticly, just in my youth when I went to a partly english speaking school .. Hearing the language in those days made it easy for me to understand people, even speaking in dialect. Never forget when we 1984 I think it was,visited England drivning our own Volvocaar. Got a bit lost in the countryside, and came to a dead end on a small road. A man came out of an old house and I had a conversation with him, about finding our way back. After we had been driving back for a while, my wife said : - I couldn't understand a word. :)

Here some apples from this year. This apple is called Aroma, and we have never had this size before. Whish you could taste .....

image-1909386790.jpg

Last edited:

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Amii said:
Thanks for the reply :). The seasonal habitat isn't even greyed out, it's just literally disappeared! I finally had enough money, went to buy it and couldn't find it. Maybe it's some glitch with my game since the update. Kinds sucks :(

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

I think with the changes with the new update, the seasonal habitat is now available at level16, not 14. Please let me know when you reached level16.

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
oldsmol said:
About expired dragons Marc - I am not sure thats right. Got one of the oneeyed, and thought that was expired too, but I can be wrong.

One eyed Cyclops is not limited-time dragon. But just confirmed you can still bred expired dragon by breeding two of the same dragon, but the chance is the same as you're breeding your 1st one. So if Bone expired, and the chance of getting bone while it is available is 25%, when you breed bone+bone it is still 25% chance to get bone and 75% chance to get Lava or Obsidian.

oldsmol

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One eyed Cyclops is not limited-time dragon. But just confirmed you can still bred expired dragon by breeding two of the same dragon, but the chance is the same as you're breeding your 1st one. So if Bone expired, and the chance of getting bone while it is available is 25%, when you breed bone+bone it is still 25% chance to get bone and 75% chance to get Lava or Obsidian.

Thanks Marc! Should ave known - you always know what youare talking about. :)

I am .... .... .... Getting a little frustrated.
When I get those blinging +1 for example, it's not sure I see any signs of the counting going up.
Is this a new function? A hidden thief?

Voine Voine. ....

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
oldsmol said:
Thanks Marc! Should ave known - you always know what youare talking about. :)

I am .... .... .... Getting a little frustrated.
When I get those blinging +1 for example, it's not sure I see any signs of the counting going up.
Is this a new function? A hidden thief?

Voine Voine. ....

I sometimes can be wrong. :) but i always want to search for more information first before i post just to be sure. :)

Where did you see those blinking +1 and counting going up?

oldsmol

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I sometimes can be wrong. :) but i always want to search for more information first before i post just to be sure. :)

Where did you see those blinking +1 and counting going up?

image-269747076.jpg

Here!
When I let loose the 3 first, I got +1 and the counting on Magic went up ....
But not on the last one.
It happenes all the time, the hidde thief steels from me ...
Grrr

Most reactions

Latest posts