What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine Could Soon Become Apple Executives

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
dr-dre-jimmy-iovine.jpg

Chances are that by now, you have already heard about the fact that Apple is interested in buying Beats Electronics for $3.2 billion. Now, according to a report on Billboard.com, the two co-founders, Dr.Dre and Jimmy Iovine could be named Apple executives during the WWDC event which will take place in June. Yinka Adegoke from the publication has more details on this:

Apple could unveil Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre as its latest recruits at its Worldwide Developers’ Conference in June, according to people familiar with the Beats Electronics acquisition talks. Iovine and Dre, co-founders of Beats, are in talks to sell the company for $3.2 billion to the iPhone and iPad maker in a deal which is expected to be announced later this week. Both are expected to join Apple in yet-to-be confirmed executive roles. One person said Iovine would likely oversee all of Apple’s music strategy and handle relationships with labels and publishers.

While it’s not exactly sure what will Dr. Dre’s position be at Apple, there are big chances that Jimmy Iovine could be heading up all music-related strategy at the company. He could be responsible for handling relationships with record labels and music producers, and he has a big experience here, as besides co-founding Beats Electronics, he also co-founded Interscope Records. Also, being the main person behind the digital music subscription service Beats Music has garnered a lot of experience with labels and publishers.

Dr.Dre and Iovine, if they will be named Apple execs, they will have a lot of work to do, as the pay-per-track model with which Apple revolutionized the music business, is no longer preferred by users. More and more consumers are choosing these days subscription services like Spotify and others.

Source: iPhoneForums

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ummmmm.....whatever apple thinks I guess. Dre isn't exactly a modern day saint but if that's who apple wants as a face of their company then so be it. Alls I know is that I better not end up paying more for iPads due to having useless beats audio stuff in them or whatever they try to do here. If there is a Beats app installed as a default app it'd better be removable. No logos, pictures of rappers, any of that crap anywhere on the device. If there is. I'm OUT.

Maybe they can get Kanye West and NWA on the team too? Meh.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I suggest we remain positive about this. Apple is investinging billions of dollars... Trust me there is a reason. Why Should you pay more for an iPad. This buy out is about the future and it involves a lot more than any one in this forum and for that at matter any one period would have information on. Wait for the response from Apple as I am positive you will be amazed why they are investing 2.3 billion dollars in beats music.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I seriously doubt there be any Beats stuff on an iPhone.....we don't have to worry about that...if the rumor is found to be true, then it is about opening up new lines of business with music and all that brings with it. But it ain't headphones, logos, or funky dsp.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts