What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

downloading fonts for a regional language ( not english )

ipadforum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when i tried to download the fonts for a regional newspaper, i get error from Safari browser. what do i need to do ? any settings i have to configure ?

OP
I

ipadforum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i read somewhere that there is a restriction in safari on downloads to minimize the risks from viurs/spywares.. is it true ?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not sure about your original question. You can't display something or is it a keyboard question? If a keyboard, you can install the international keyboards from within settings. Now that I think about it, the keyboard download must contain the fonts to or you couldn't see the keys.

Your second question is basically true. Outside of iTunes, your really limited on downloads. That's one of the reasons that everyone gets GoodReader for PDF and other files. It wouldn't help with your fonts question though.

OP
I

ipadforum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the reply, im not talking about the key board. i'm talking about the news paper website where the content is in Russian/Indian languages... typically from the normal browsers from PC, we have to install their fonts (one time activity for each language) so that they can displayed properly when viewing those websites. Now when i try to browse the same website thru Safari from my iPad, the fonts are garbled, only way i can view those pages properly by installing the fonts that the website provides, but Safari browser from my ipad is not able to install.. any help is greatly appreciated.

Most reactions

Latest posts