What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading books

Tamty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I just got an IPAD 2, and I want to be able to download books from Vuze and put them on there. I'm not used to Itunes at all, so I'm finding it difficult. Does anyone know if it's even possible and if so, how do I do it? Thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved this to the iBooks section, where I think it will receive better attention.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll be aware that Vuze is a bit-torrent site. A polite and gentle warning that iPad Forum does not tolerate the discussion of illegal downloading of apps, books, movies etc. I entirely accept that there are perfectly legitimate and legal applications of bit torrent but statistics show that by far the majority of users are involved in illegal downloading.

Tim

arbish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a related thread about free ePub books, many resources are posted there.
Google free ePub books

aal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Kindle app and can read downloaded books from the past, but no longer appear to have access to the Kindle store

I have deleted app and reinstalled - no difference!

How do I access Kindle store and download and buy new books on IPad/IPhone?

I tried emailing Kindle and got no response other than to say they will reply ( about 2 weeks ago!)

Alfred

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You have to purchase Kindle books on the Amazon website using Safari and only then will your Kindle Reader app download them.

Amazon removed the direct purchase option from the app

aal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that info

Can you do that on PC, And still able to download to Kindle app on IPad?

Or do you have to do everything on IPad/IPhone?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can buy books at Amazon via your PC and then do one of two things (or mix and match):

1) After purchasing the book on your PC, you can opt to download it to your iDevice right there at time of purchase

2) Or, if you elect to send it to one device (iPad, PC, etc), you can always go into the Kindle app on any iDevice (or your computer) and, from the app's home page, you can press the "Archived Items" button (in lower left) to access any/all books you've bought from Amazon.

Only requirement is that you download the [free] Kindle app to your iDevice.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts