What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading Apps

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have too many free apps for iPhone\iPod, as I don't use my iPod Touch (1st gen) for much more than music occasionally. I mainly use my iPad, but numerous apps work on both devices by design, not just the pixel doubling trick....

Remote
Google Earth
DropBox
IMDb movies DB
Netflix
Pandora
Zillow Real Estate
Realtor.com
LightBike

But I have bought a few I like for the iPod (and that my kids wanted to play with):

Plants vs Zombies $2.99
Pocket God $.0.99
Angry Birds $.0.99
Sketches (think it was $1.99$)
Crazy Snowboard $.0.99 (My kid bought this on accident, thankfully it works for both iPhone\iPad)

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
If you put your wish list into App Shopper (free) you can get alerted to price changes and updates. Granted, you have to be patient.

I think GoodReader is the only app I ever paid full price for.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you put your wish list into App Shopper (free) you can get alerted to price changes and updates. Granted, you have to be patient.

I think GoodReader is the only app I ever paid full price for.

I just hope they don't make an App that totals up what you spent on Apps.... :D

I'm easily over 100-150$ with my iPad. But I can share the same apps with my wife's iPad as I have the same iTunes account set up on both for purchases...

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
y2kgtp said:

I'm easily over 100-150$ with my iPad. But I can share the same apps with my wife's iPad as I have the same iTunes account set up on both for purchases...

Maybe but if you look at the cost of Office, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and others, those tiny apps are a real good deal! No, they're not complete but if you choose well they do what you need without having to lug the kitchen sink with you. I've been a Photoshop user for many years and there must be 75% of the application I hardly ever used...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
y2kgtp said:

Maybe but if you look at the cost of Office, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and others, those tiny apps are a real good deal! No, they're not complete but if you choose well they do what you need without having to lug the kitchen sink with you. I've been a Photoshop user for many years and there must be 75% of the application I hardly ever used...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Only regret App was Scrabble. $9.99 and I never play it, rather play 'Words with friends' free version against strangers who like to cheat :D

OP
T

tnbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have an ipad but hope soon.
When you download apps to save for later do you
save them in itunes or a special folder on your pc?

ipfuser653

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The two apps I pre-downloaded stayed in iTunes until I synced them with my iPad next time I connected it.

Have Fun,
Gleth

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The IPA files just go into \iTunes\Mobile Applications folder automagicly by iTunes. You just click 'Buy' in itunes, it does the rest....

Most reactions

Latest posts