What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading a non-free app from the store

Helen Pearson

iPF Noob
Joined
Sep 23, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi all,
HELP. Am getting very frustrated and as a complete newbie to the world of iPad would really appreciate some step by step advice to resolve my difficulty.
Am wanting to download a quickoffice App to enable me to write docs compatible with my PC.
Successfully getting to the payment bit but every time I put my card details it comes back with "session timed out"
Any advice most welcome.
Am having no problem downloading free Apps.
Thank you in advance!!
 
OP
H

Helen Pearson

iPF Noob
Joined
Sep 23, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hum, I think so. As far as I know my Apple ID is my email address?
 
OP
H

Helen Pearson

iPF Noob
Joined
Sep 23, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
It accepts my password and goes to "Payment information required. Tap continue to sign in, then update your billing info"
After pressing Continue it asks for password again and then takes me to "Account"
My name, address and tel is already there and so I just put in card details.
Message appears "Your session has timed out. Try again" and a Done box to select which takes me back to store.
AAAAAGH!
 

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Joined
Oct 14, 2011
Messages
9,554
Reaction score
627
Location
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Helen Pearson said:
It accepts my password and goes to "Payment information required. Tap continue to sign in, then update your billing info"
After pressing Continue it asks for password again and then takes me to "Account"
My name, address and tel is already there and so I just put in card details.
Message appears "Your session has timed out. Try again" and a Done box to select which takes me back to store.
AAAAAGH!



Have you tried reentering all of your billing information (name, address, phone, etc.,) then putting in your card details?

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF
 

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 24, 2011
Messages
24,828
Reaction score
1,309
Location
Brisbane, Australia
Hi Helen and welcome to the Forum!

If you're still having trouble try doing it through the App Store settings, go to Settings - App Store and press on your Apple ID here. An option box will load, press view Apple ID and your details will come up on another page. You will be asked for your password here and press Payment Information, just change your setting from None to whichever card you have and fill out your details. Hope this helps and let us know if it does.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help...shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!
 
OP
H

Helen Pearson

iPF Noob
Joined
Sep 23, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
leelai said:
Hi Helen and welcome to the Forum!

If you're still having trouble try doing it through the App Store settings, go to Settings - App Store and press on your Apple ID here. An option box will load, press view Apple ID and your details will come up on another page. You will be asked for your password here and press Payment Information, just change your setting from None to whichever card you have and fill out your details. Hope this helps and let us know if it does.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/61009-easy-pictorial-shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Thank you so much! It worked! A very happy customer!

Helen
 

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 24, 2011
Messages
24,828
Reaction score
1,309
Location
Brisbane, Australia
Helen Pearson said:
Thank you so much! It worked! A very happy customer!

Helen

You're welcome! I'm just glad it worked for you and thank you for getting back to us that it did.....enjoy!
 

Most reactions

Top