What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading to the Ipad

Reaction score
yoresoft said:
I just purchased an Ipad. I am a Windows user usually.

My question... Since we don't have wifi here at work, is there any real difference in hooking up my Ipad to my desktop and downloading from the web that way? Also would I have to copy download over to the Ipad or will the App store see the Ipad and download directly to it?

Thank you in advance
Rick

You can download apps, etc. with iTunes on your desktop and than connect the iPad to the computer to sync it with iTunes. This will transfer the purchased apps.

When you purchase an app, but not from your iPad, you either have to sync to transfer the app, or open the AppStore on the iPad and download the app again. You can download apps as many times as you want free of charge. What it will not do is to automatically download and install an app on the iPad, if the app was purchased on another machine.

So either sync with iTunes to transfer the app from your computer, or download directly from the AppStore. Those are the two options of getting apps onto the iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hold in mind that if you are already syncing the iPad with a computer at home, trying to also sync it with a machine at work can get complicated. It is possible, but unless you really need to do it, I don't recommend setting things up that way.

There is an article somewhere on Apple's support site on using multiple machines with one device. I don't have it handy, but if that is the route you have to go then I suppose I can find it again, if you can't find it yourself.

And it's not like you can get internet that way. You'll only be giving yourself the ability to buy and install apps or other media at work. Not worth the trouble, in my opinion.

Most reactions

Latest posts