What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloaded movie from Itunes keeps disappearing

Drummer426

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I googled and searched looking for an answer and have yet to find one but came across this forum and hoping maybe someone can help.

I downloaded a movie from Itunes directly on my ipad via wifi. It takes about 80 to 90 minutes so I can't watch it download the whole time. I check it about every 30 minutes or so. I last saw it at 85% basically and when I came back the download tab was empty. I clicked on the purchased tab and find music but nothing else. I check the video app...nothing no movies (this is my first movie). I check my library where it stores my music...nothing. An interesting part is that in my library i have options like music, audiobooks, podcasts, music video, but no video/movies?

I contacted apple tech support and they figured it was just a fluke so allowed me to redownload the video again. Same exact thing happened. I emailed my tech support person back but he's gone until Saturday.

When I search for it, nothing comes up. When I go under settings and see how many music, pics, and movies I have...under movies it says 0.

when I go back to itunes, it says I've already downloaded it but I can pay to download it again.

I have the base Ipad wifi
I updated to new ios last week
Over 7 GB available
Movie is Mute Math Armistice live (888 mb)

i'm currently on a business trip so i can't sync up to my home computer or verify what version of itunes I have (I know I recently updated it within the last few weeks though).

Any help before my evening flight tomorrow would be extremely appreciated!

***edit***
I also just noticed as I tried to download a song that it did not get added to my library....

am I not able to download directly to the ipad without going to a pc / mac first?

Last edited:

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried re-booting the iPad? I have the same issue occassionally - videos don't show up immediately after download but show up later. Sometimes rebooting helps.

OP
D

Drummer426

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rebooting as turning it off and then back on? If so i have done it a few times....nothing...? Got a credit from iTunes but still can't figure out what's going on?

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you check all the tabs in the Video app? The first time I bought a TV show (Blackadder) I didn't see it at first because the tab was on movies. If you have been watching podcasts it might be somewhere else.

Did you try searching with the search app?

OP
D

Drummer426

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I used the library search as well as iPad search with no luck.

As previously stated I don't even have a movies tab option in my library which is odd...

And as the edit said it's happening with songs now as well

OP
D

Drummer426

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that I'm home I plugged my iPad into home computer and sure enough once it started to sync everything worked?

It's strange.....can I not download direct to iTunes through my iPad? Do I have to sync every time?

Most reactions