What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

download mpeg4 video file

benwee54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I tried downloading mp4 video file from a web site to my ipad2, the screen went black for a while then a forward icon came on which I press, then the QuickTime icon came on at the center of the screen, the word "downloading" can be seen at the bottom of the screen with the circling icon next to it. Am I doing it right? Is there any way I can check the status of the download? After a while I could get some sort of image plus the play, forward, backward symbols so when I press play it played for a while and then the image freezes. Would appreciate some help
Cheers

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Sit tight and someone will be along to answer your question, in the meantime:

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other to learn about this wonderful piece of technology the IPad.There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions that you have. If then you can't find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. You will find many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - Discussion Forum for IPad Users. It is a very simple app to navigate.
Reading the IPad Manuals is a great place to start, so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community, so please read these also.
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

helix2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded Mpg4 video but via Itunes and they have played just fine. I believe y0ou should be able to download direct and play as well. Good luck.

OP
B

benwee54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I tried downloading mp4 video file from a web site to my ipad2, the screen went black for a while then a forward icon came on which I press, then the QuickTime icon came on at the center of the screen, the word "downloading" can be seen at the bottom of the screen with the circling icon next to it. Am I doing it right? Is there any way I can check the status of the download? After a while I could get some sort of image plus the play, forward, backward symbols so when I press play it played for a while and then the image freezes. Would appreciate some help
Cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts