What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downgrading an app?

Trex8692

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im running ios 4.3.2 on ipad2. Jailbroken

Searched on the forums but i couldnt find an answer to a peculiar issue i am having.

I have read about methods to downgrade an app to a previous version, but i have a unique problem. I never saved the previous versions to my computer. Nor did i ever back them up. Everywhere i check oline tells me to find the previous version on my pc and drag it back to the itunes folder. I cant do that if i didnt save right?

As a sidenote, i have not synced my ipad to itunes in a long time.

The app was purchased from the app store.

How do i go about reverting to the original purchase version? If possible.

OP
T

Trex8692

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great..

Then i guess it goes without saying, that instead of immediately updating my apps everytime i see "available updates in the app store", i should first sync whatever i have through itunes, huh?

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes to doing a backup. I have the same problem with the Samsung Remote app no longer works after I took an update and never did a backup after I downloaded the app.

OP
T

Trex8692

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, thanks guys!

My last question. Do any of you know if there is a portal/website where i can find and download older versions of apps?

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Having been a software junky, some of the software sites had available previous editions for download. It would seem app makers could provide a similar service given the many update problems we experience. Or doesn't it work that way with apps?

OP
T

Trex8692

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right, guessing by your reply, there does not seem to be an app archive of old versions at the moment then

Ok :(

Most reactions