What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Down to the last 250MB

Bikie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm down to the last 250Mb of memory on my iPad 2 and I have no videos/movies or music. However I have a few pictures but the majority of them were imported so I can't delete them unless I sync, which I'm not fan of that as my pad is jailbreak...

So, where all the 16GB have gone? Ibis can I remove pictures without sync? Is there an app to help clear? I have ifile..... Help please

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved this to the JB section, where I think it will receive better attention.

Tim

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have ifile..... Help please

There you go!

Sidebar / Images / 100 Apple (if you imported the pics to Cameraroll)

Also: why not syncing? I've done this several times post JB with no fuss. Just don't update firmware...

//Stefan 

Last edited:
OP
Bikie

Bikie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I have removed all pictures and have no videos and no music. I have also deleted quite a few magazines and PDF's and the memory doesn't seem to go up at all. I don't know what is going on, 16GB is a lot of memory to have vanished just like that!

Attachments

• image-238267183.png
    image-238267183.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 279

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another Member with a non-JB iPad was having a similar problem and one of our most experienced posters, twerppoet, suggested that frequent sychronisation with your PC is the most reliable way of keeping down the 'lost' memory.

Tim

OP
Bikie

Bikie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay but... I will update the software and un-JB the ipad but I would like to know the reason why my ipad is running out of memory for no known reason. Any idea? :)

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why upgrade? There's no need to upgrade firmware just because you sync... I've synced, as stated previously, quite a few times after JB, and I just ignore the 'there's new firmware for your...' (or whatever it says) button. I'm staying on 4.3.3 and JB for the time being! Even though 4.3.5 is out! 

//Stefan 

Last edited:

dynax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try the applinfo or something like that from Cydia, It will give you the details of your appls (how much space it took, when it was installed etc etc).

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Don't update, as has already been said, just because you sync with itunes it doesn't mean you have to update your iOS, all you need to do is go into your itunes, delete the items you no longer want syncing and then resync........sometimes when you delete manually from your ipad it does not make the free memory available, this is the main reason for syncing, to bring everything back in line, let us know how you get on.
P.S DO NOT ALLOW I TUNES TO UPDATE!!

zambeezi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Appinfo is the one you're looking for. It lists everything from Appstore apps to sources, packages and repos.

OP
Bikie

Bikie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
Don't update, as has already been said, just because you sync with itunes it doesn't mean you have to update your iOS, all you need to do is go into your itunes, delete the items you no longer want syncing and then resync........sometimes when you delete manually from your ipad it does not make the free memory available, this is the main reason for syncing, to bring everything back in line, let us know how you get on.
P.S DO NOT ALLOW I TUNES TO UPDATE!!

Understood, will do it tonight. In the mean time, here is a screenshot of all the apps by size order, been iBooks the highest with 1Gb, so if I never had music or videos, where the heck are the rest of GB's? I will sync tonight (no update hehe) and will report back.

Thanks for the help

OP
Bikie

Bikie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oops forgot to include the shot

Attachments

• image-2289655725.png
    image-2289655725.png
    159.3 KB · Views: 247

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One quick question just for clarification, where is it you are seeing the 256 MB of memory left? If you are seeing this in SBSettings then you've got this mixed up a little bit. The iPad 2 only has 512 MB of memory but has 16, 32, or 64 GB of storage. If you are seeing the 256 MB in Settings-General-About and then down on the line Available then you are correct that you only have 256 MB of storage left.

OP
Bikie

Bikie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm officially an idiot hehe, apologies.. can someone put me out of missery and close this thread? Lol

Attachments

• image-2597071775.png
    image-2597071775.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 248

Most reactions

Latest posts