What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken but lost most of my apps

Quicksilver71

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPad1 which is on iOS 5.1. I used to have it jailbroken but removed it a while back when I installed iOS5, and today I was bored so thought I would jailbreak.

It seems to have worked just fine, I now have cydia installed, but nearly all my original apps have been deleted. I guess I can go back to iTunes and sync them back on, but it's a bit of a worry, I'm now wondering what else has gone?

If I restore from the backup I took just before the jailbreak, will that remove the jailbreak?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, you can select "restore from backup" in iTunes. This'll put your latest backup on the iPad - and it won't affect your jailbreak. Remember, this is NOT the restore option you are offered on the Summary tab; this is the option you get if you right click on your iPad line and then select "restore from backup."

Marilyn

OP
Q

Quicksilver71

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I gave up and am in the course of restoring it. I restored the apps, lost some more, then Cydia stopped working. Whole thing was screwing up the iPad badly. Don't know why it didn't work, I have been jailbroken before with no problems.

Most reactions