What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does the IPAD2 work for an ebay business?

luvmaxdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spoke with someone who said it is difficult to post descriptions and upload pictures for ebay listings. I want to purchase an IPAD2 specifically for my ebay business.
Does anyone have a experience with posting listings etc on ebay or craigs list? I am not the most tech savvy, so being user friendly is a plus for me. Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Uploading pictures from an iPad to a web site is difficult - for sure you cannot do this with the standard browser because each app has its own more-or-less isolated and private file space for storing files. So one app is not able to access directly the file space belonging to another app.

So, if uploading photos to the web is likely to be a large part of your business, it's likely that the iPad might not be the best choice. As I mentioned at the beginning, there are (ugly) ways around this problem so if the iPad looks a good choice to you for other reasons, then the workarounds might prove acceptable.

Tim

Tsuintx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buy one and see if it works. If it doesn't, then you can sell it on Ebay.

Haha... I know, that was pretty lame, but I couldn't refuse.

Like Tim said, uploading pics will be challenging and since pics are pretty important part of any Ebay auction, you might want to stick to more conventional methods in running your business.

Good luck!

OP
L

luvmaxdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the info!

Uploading pictures from an iPad to a web site is difficult - for sure you cannot do this with the standard browser because each app has its own more-or-less isolated and private file space for storing files. So one app is not able to access directly the file space belonging to another app.

So, if uploading photos to the web is likely to be a large part of your business, it's likely that the iPad might not be the best choice. As I mentioned at the beginning, there are (ugly) ways around this problem so if the iPad looks a good choice to you for other reasons, then the workarounds might prove acceptable.

Tim

Thank you Tim for the detailed info. I will have to consider whether the iPad is a good choice or whether going with a small Mac might be better.

Most reactions

Latest posts