What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does iPad support VPN instead of a proxy which is not secure?

Anidriey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[h=2]Does iPad support VPN instead of a proxy which is not secure?[/h]

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
[h=2]Does iPad support VPN instead of a proxy which is not secure?[/h]
iPad does support VPN. Go to Settings>General>VPN and you will see this VPN set up screen.

image-1582352585.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
While I don't use it myself (yet), I've been told that Cloak provides one of the best, most hassle free, VPN solutions for iOS. One subscription covers all your computers and/or mobile devices.

The advice came, mostly, from a person who can and does set up his own VPN servers, but found Cloak to be much easier to deal with when traveling.

micjustin33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes iPad support vpn and it more secure then proxy.. but don't use free vpn because its not secure and high chance of your data being stolen..

pb3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While I would imagine the primary purpose of the iPad VPN client is to connect to corporate networks, if you have a decent home router that offers a VPN server, such as the higher end of the Draytek Vigor range, you can set up your iPad to Setup a VPN tunnel to your home network, through which you can browse. I usually do this when I'm using open Wireless networks. Strangely VOIP apps sometimes work better through this route than directly via the open network.:confused:

If your primary purpose is to obfuscate your origin, then a number of paid VPN providers are available offering servers in various countries
:)

Most reactions

Latest posts