What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does DocsToGo Premium Maintain PDF Special Formatting

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the regular edition of DocumentsToGo ("DTG"). I love the app, especially it's file manager feature. However, after importing a PDF document that contains special formatting added in Adobe (underlining, highlighting & ect) the special formatting does not show up when I open the file in "DTG." It can be ported over to another app where the special formatting does shows up. But it is not visible when the file is open in "DTG." Can some one tell me if the premium edition allows you to see the special formatting in a PDF document? Thanks for any help here.

Jerry

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try GoodReader for pdf annotation. I'm not sure if DTG supports annotation. Most apps don't.

I just got done reading the most recent MacWorld mag. The edition's focus was on the iPad @ Work. There was a lengthy article on taking notes that went into PDF annotation, and while no writer has time to test every app he did test several of the most popular.

Apps tested were:

LifeForms
SmilyDocs
PDF Highlighter
iAnnotate PDF
GoodReader

The winner for fidelity in rendering and retaining annotation was GoodReader, with iAnnotate coming in a close second.

This was probably the best iPad specific issue I've seen from MacWorld. It was full of answers to some of the most common questions being asked here.

Last edited:
OP
J

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the effort to reply. I have several apps that will read PDF. I was just hoping that "DTG" premium might do the same as I like it's format and it's easy file structure. However the more I read, the less inclined I am to think that it is going to do the job. Thanks again
Jerry

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. I started the post because I though the author had said something about DTG, which he did, just not about it's PDF abilities. So I edited my reply and left the parts that I though might be useful.

BTW, he recommended DTG for having the most features without sacrificing Office compatibility, lots you can't do, but at least it won't ruin the original document. iWorks he said had the most features on the iPad, but would strip out some Office formatting. Basically it was a trade off between how much can do on the iPad and what you get to keep when porting back and forth with Office.

jgumphress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
umphress.web.officelive.com
If any readers are thinking of getting an office document app this one is fantastic. DTG is not a newcomer. They have been around for years. My first use of DTG was with an old Palm Pilot. I have used it ever since. I have the Android version on my Droid phone, the iPad version, and I still use my Palm Tungsten E2 at work with DTG in it. But get the top version, it's worth the extra money. It is almost like using Microsoft Office Suite on your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts