What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone know what happen to bing maps

nec209

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know there was a app you can download for the ipad called bing maps that gived you the birds eye view. What happen to it?

Did google maps or google earh take over? Or is big maps no longer allowed by apple.

I tried to find the app to download and cannot find it.What happen to bing maps ?

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's called "Bing" and it's available in the Apps store in iTunes. Search for "Bing" it is a iPhone app but by using the 2x button it will fill the screen and look pretty good. It's FREE BTW

OP
N

nec209

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes they also have bing for search ,home page ,news ,image search so on.But I don't know if they have the bing maps has that needs Silverlight to work .The old classic bing maps did not use Silverlight

So if you had the map it probably not show the birds eye view or 3D with out Silverlight.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It shows the birds eye view and you can scroll around. It has news, weather, images, movies, directions..... It's FREE, quite guessing and check it out.

OP
N

nec209

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my PC desktop I could not use bing maps with out be intalling Silverlight.

Has for bing I know what bing does and looks like on a PC desktop.

This is bing ( what it looks like on a PC) Bing

Most reactions

Latest posts